one

THEY were all worried for her. It was hard not to be. Their Queen, their devine goddess was the immovable rock the Volturi all adored. She was always there for everyone. Even the lower guard who were insignificant to the kings, she looked after like family. Rune was both terrifying and impossible not to love all at the same time. So to see her so distressed, worried them all more then they'd like to admit.

It was easy for the Volturi to appear heartless, and in many ways they truly were. They didn't give second chances. They were brutal to those who betrayed them. They didn't stand for those who disrespected or the rules they had in place. Yes the Volturi could be very cruel, but they also cared for their own. Many of them had lived together for a millenium and were a family in ways others simply couldn't comprend. They were a working wheel, supporting each other and working as one solid unit, so when once piece of the wheel stopped working, the other pieces worried.

ARO feared for his dearest sister. She has always been his favorite, even in childhood. His lovely Rune had always held his cruel streak, and yet her compassion could also shine through at moments and Aro would be in awe of the angelic glow that surrounded his sister. Yes, she was his favorite. His favorite sister, his favorite ruler, his favorite person. Aro truly did not know who he would choose, if he had to pick between his darling mate and his beloved sister. Yes, Aro and Rune could fight for decades, they could break each others limbs and hurt each other in ways no one else would ever be able to. But at the end of it all, she was still his favorite. So seeing he in this state worried him. He had tried to reason with her. Tried to get her to bring the half human to Volterra with them. To steal her away and keep her forever. He should have known it would never work. For his loving sister wanted what was best for the child, and Aro could not quite fault her for that. But it still saddened him, to see her so withdrawn from the world, wallowing in her self pity and feeling the loss of her mate in her heart.

CAIUS did not quite understand the emotion his sister felt. Emotions were neve something he had been good with. Even as a human Caius had put all his emotions into a funnel and worked to only push one out: rage. It worked in the gladiator pits, so Caius kept doing it. He assumed that was what she saw in him.

He could still remember the day she came to him. All other human memories had faded but the memory of his changing was still as unchanging as ever. He remembered walking through the the pitch night. Remembered the way her laugh sounded through the quiet night, the way it echoed off his surroundings. Rune and her brother had been passing through, and the girl had caught the eye of every man the area. They all jumped at the chance to marry her. She had turned them all down. Caius remembered the way she grinned at him, the way Aro murmured that it would only cause trouble, that it wasn't worth it. At the time Caius was confused, now though he understood. Rune had seen his potential, seen his rage and adored it in a way no one ever had. She had always seen his rage as a gift, even when it was still young and childish.

Yes, Caius knew rage, what he didn't quite understand was the grief his sister felt. He wondered for hours at a time what it must be like to be so sad that one simply stopped existing. It also angered Caius, angered him so see his lovely sister who always believed in him so upset. Caius was lost on this, and that angered him.

MARCUS grieved for his sister. He grieved for the pain she felt. For the sadness that weighed down her bones and made them feel like marble. He knew that feeling. Knew it better than anyone ever could. He felt it everyday, and would never wish it on even his worst enemy. Nothing was worse than the feeling of being unable to be with ones soulmate.

He missed her everyday, every minute, every second. His Didyme. He missed her with his entire dead heart. He missed her with every piece of his dead soul, and would do whatever it took to get her back. Alas that was not an option, and instead Marcus was left with a gaping wound that would never heal. No, Marcus would never wish this feeling on anyone, and he grieved for his sister who felt it so deeply.

don't forget to leave a comment & vote !!