Stars

They're bizarre things.

They look rather precious twinkling in vivid skies of late evening. Every time Sehun blinked up at them, they blinked back and he almost felt like he was communicating with them. How silly, right? He stood outside Luhan's house, the clock on his cell phone fleeting past 7:53 pm. Secured firmly between his palm and his fingers was a bunch of Camellias from his backyard, just as he'd earlier thought to himself; Luhan would like that.

Knocking not only once, or twice, but three times. Sehun patiently stood at the door and predicted within seconds of it opening, that he would quickly be greeted by the deer boys mother. She always threw her arms across his broad shoulders and dragged him into her motherly embrace. He hated it. Sehun really wasn't much of a lover of skinship, unless he initiated it first and that was a rarity all on its own.

"Ah, Sehun!" She squealed, causing great suffering to his eardrums. "You're looking well as always, when was the last time I saw you? Last week? Oh, it feels like so much longer." Sehun kept opening his mouth to speak, but of course, couldn't get a word in edgeways and eventually ended up looking like a dying fish out of the water.

"Hello, good evening," Finally he was able to greet her with a disgruntled smile. On the inside, he was sobbing. Couldn't he just see Luhan already? "Where's Luhan?" He questioned hastily, eyes darting around the hall and briefly peeking into the living room. Nope, not in there.

The older woman squinted at the bunch of flowers in his hand, completely ignoring the greeting and the question Sehun had given her. "Who are those for, dear?" She asked, nodding her head towards the Camellias.

"They're for Luhan, I heard he left early today because he was feeling under the weather."

He couldn't think of anything else to say, somehow he didn't think it seemed appropriate to say, 'I heard your son left early because the entirety of our year found on he's gay.'

"Ah~ how sweet!" She cooed and Sehun became even more restless. "He's in his bedroom, go on up and I'll call you boys down when dinner is ready."

With the permission given, he eagerly scuttled over towards the stairs and made his way up one by one. 

One, two, three...

He counted the steps to distract himself, prepare himself for the melancholic atmosphere that was probably shrouding Luhan.

Knock, knock... here I come.

"Come in."

   ☁    

Silence. Suffocating as it was, Sehun couldn't bring himself to strike up a conversation as he sat at the end of Luhan's bed, facing away from him while exploring his bedroom with his eyes. What could he possibly say? Oh. Right, the flowers.

"I picked these for you, I know how much you like pretty things and I thought these were pretty."

The deer-eyed boy looked up at the bouquet wielding hand and yes, his eyes eventually trailed up to Sehun's face, but he still wasn't facing him. Why? Did he feel awkward around him because of the secret he'd kept had finally been revealed?

"Thank you, they're... they're very pretty," Luhan all but whispered and he took those flowers with a tentative hand. The silken petals looked inviting and he just wished he could shrink, blanket himself with them and protect himself from the dreadful reality he was in. "Why are you here tonight? I thought we'd agreed on dinner for tomorrow?" He asked. "Did you feel sorry for me?"

Here comes the meaningful exchange of words I'm no good at.

Sehun exhaled. It was a long breath that almost made him dizzy. He turned his body, finally making eye contact with his friend. "I did," at least he was honest, "But I also figured you might want to talk about it. You know, none of that stuff changes the way I see you... you're still my silly doe-eyed friend who stares at me too much."