Food Lovers

"So don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with meCause you might fuck around and find your dreams come true, with me

Cause you might fuck around and find your dreams come true, with me."

Another day came, still no you. I can't sleep at night knowing you're not around. That sweet, loveable voice of yours waking me up. Your deep blue eyes meeting my chocolate brown ones. The strong arms and body you used to pull me closer every chance you could. Those light pink lips never failed to always be turned upward, flashing those pearly whites. Gone. It's all gone.
"Did you sleep last night?" Tony asked with concern in his voice as he sat opposite me at the lunch table. "Even a little bit?"
"I couldn't." I explained as I played with the fruit salad on my tray. "I can't. The scene just keeps-"
I stop talking as I hear my voice break from talking. I close my eyes and take in the air that smelt of cafeteria food. "The accident is all that I see when I try to sleep. Detailed of how he was. It's just hard."
He nods understanding my current situation but keeps his concerned look on his face as I play with my food. "Have you eaten?"
My eyes jerk up from the fruit salad I was playing with and met with Tonys. He cocked his brow as if he waited for me to eat; I rolled my eyes and gave the kid what he wanted. I stuck my plastic fork into a piece of watermelon and put it in my mouth with a sarcastic smile on my face.
"Happy?" I mocked, chewing the piece that I didn't want to eat.
He shot a disappointing look in my direction as he shook his head. "So, when did it all change? Between you and Jeff, I mean?"
I glanced around the cafeteria and shrugged with a smile. "Here. Well, actually detention. But it started here."
Tony furrowed his brow in confusion as I kept talking. "Remember last year how we had that food fight? It started from us."

The breeze came through the doors of the cafeteria, refreshingly. It was a change from all those warm days we'd had earlier. My wavy locks bouncing as I make my way to a table with my tray. I sat by myself, waiting for some of the people I sat with to show up. I wouldn't call them 'friends' more 'acquaintances'.
I barely saw Zach anymore since he was on the basketball team, which sucked because I liked his company. Being here for only two months sucked. It wasn't easy to make friends but I was more of 'go with the flow' type girl. I was okay being on my own. As I started to eat, the cafeteria filled with students; none who happened to be my group.
Destiny had a different plan for me that day. That day I was met with not a cold cola, not a cold milkshake but hot French fries covered in ketchup on my white, summer dress. For the third time, a gasp and a squeal left my lips as the same clumsy baseball player had embarrassed me.
"You have got to be kidding me?!" I screamed at him as the room filled with silence and soft laughter. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"
Jeff looked like he was fed up with the same encounters as I.
"God dammit, out of all people. You again." Jeff stated as if it were my fault that this happened.
"That's it." I mumbled as I grab the dessert pie with whipped cream on top from my tray and tossed it at him.
I smirked as he stayed still with his now pie-covered face; his eyes staring right into mine. With that, it began a food fight. Students joined in, starting with the jocks. Laughter and squeals were heard throughout the school as food was thrown in all directions. Jeff and I were each others own victims for this fight. For the first time, we enjoyed it. We laughed as we chased each other around tables and when food hit the other. We were smiling together.
"What in the-" Coach Patrick exclaims before a piece of cake hits the middle of his face.
The room that was filled with laughter had now fallen silent. "Who in the hell started this?!"
Jeff and I exchanged glances before a random shout within the students was heard in the silence. "Jeff and Andrea!"
Jeff looked around trying to see who gave us in. I rolled my eyes and walked towards coach with my now food covered dress. My footsteps heard but not alone; Jeff followed me. I sighed loudly as we reach coach. Pissed off coach turned heel and walked down the hall to discuss our punishment. Jeff and I walked in silence behind him.
"Principal Bolan says that since Jeff normally stays out of trouble and you, Andrea, since this is your first offence." Coach Patrick sighs loudly, switching looks between us. "Detention. Two weeks. You have to also clean the cafeteria."
"Are you serious?! He-" I protest before coach glares in my direction cutting me off. "Do you want to make it three weeks?"
With that, I didn't argue anymore. I was more pissed off at Jeff that he had embarrassed me time and time again and yet I was also getting in trouble.
Jeff and I were able to clean ourselves off before we made it back to the cafeteria. We were given clothes from the 'lost and found' box. Coach gave us some rags and spray to clean the mess before we were left alone. I ignored him. And got to work. I realized the sooner we cleaned this mess, the sooner we could go home and not see each other.
"I'm sorry."
Silence broke as my head piped up and turned around, facing the baseball player who was standing between the tables behind me.
"I didn't mean for that to happen today, honestly." Jeff confesses as he leans against one of the tables. "Or at Monets...or the field."
I stare at him as he apologizes; which is somehow making me feel guilty.
"But today was enjoyable." He chuckled as I rolled my eyes as a smile formed on my face. "And I know you enjoyed it. You were smiling and having a good time." 
"I'm sorry too." I admitted as I leaned beside him on the table. "I mean I can be a bit of a bitch sometimes-"
"A bit?" Jeff teased as I shook my head and continued. "I overreacted. For that I'm sorry."
"Nah, it's cool." He assured. "I'd be pissed too if someone spilt cola on my $230 dress...then a milkshake on my work uniform...and again on my white dress."
I couldn't help but laugh, shaking my head in disbelief. Is this really the same baseball jerk that I met a few weeks ago? Maybe he isn't that bad of a guy?
"Well, since we haven't officially met each other." Jeff continued as his hand crossed his body with a friendly grin. "Jeff Atkins."
I looked down at his hand and took it in my grasp. "Andrea Watson. Or Andy." I grin as I meet his gaze.

"And that's how we actually became close, friends even." I conclude, smiling as I remember those days.
"Unbelievable." Tony responds, as the bell rang for our final class. "Maybe he was purposely doing that to get your attention, you reckon?"
"It crossed my mind." I say with a slight shrug. "But if he did, he never told me."
Tony and I started walking to our classroom, surrounded by students filling the halls. Chatter entered my ears and yet it all seemed to sound like silence to me as your voice entered my mind.

"If I did anything right in my life, it was when I gave my heart to you."