Pick And Choose

"Wake you up in the middle of the night to say,I will never walk away againI'm never gonna leave this bed

I will never walk away again
I'm never gonna leave this bed."

"Andrea!" I hear my name from a blonde haired male.
I turned around in the hall and saw a Ryan Shaver. A skinny, blonde, gay male. Tony's ex.
"Yeah?" I ask, as he walks with me down the hall of students.
"Have you got the pics?" He asked in a knowing tone while I nodded and walked him to my locker. 
I punched in the code and opened the locker.
"Thanks for this. I want to make it lovely for him." Ryan admitted. "And what better ways to get pictures then from you."
I faked a smile before grabbing the photos I'd copied for him. As much as I liked Ryan, he was a bit insensitive at the wrong times. Maybe he just didn't know how to process things. I glanced at the three photos Ryan wanted of us. One of us out at a fancy dinner, smiling at the camera with our formal clothes on. The second one of us in the front of your car, both of us grinning at each other - looking so in love. And the third was one of our snapchats we'd put on the story, you were kissing my cheek while I was in the middle of giggling when the picture got taken. You always liked that photo as much as I said I hated it.
"So cute!" Ryan chuckled, looking between the photos. "I'll give them back when I'm done."
I smiled and nodded, watching him turn on his heel to walk away. I turned back to my locker, squeezing my eyes shut. Fighting the urge to cry. I took a deep breath in, then let it out. I looked around me before I shut my locker and walked away from it.
I found my feet leading me to a familiar hall. The hall which had your locker. The bell rang as students passed me to get to their classes. My feet stop in front of your locker. I hug my text books close to my chest, staring blankly at the light blue locker that was now plain.
Weeks ago, there was pictures, notes - memories on here. Now nothing. I reach for the lock and punch in your code but it doesn't open. I sigh, remembering they gave your locker to a new student. I sniffled and walked away from memories.

"So things aren't okay?" Zach asked, helping set up for his party.
"It's not great." I roll my eyes, filling the chip bowl. "I think this is it. I'm pretty sure we're going to break up from this. Like right now, I don't even know if we're still a couple."
Monty, Bryce, Justin and Marcus bring in two beer kegs passing us as they walk to the backyard.
"You and Jeff are great together." Zach continues. "You two will be fine."
I scoff, shaking my head. "This is our first big fight, Zach. I don't know."
"Best way to get over a guy." Bryce adds, walking back in. His arm drapes over my shoulder. "Get with another."
He flashes a smirk and winks at me while I make a 'in your dreams' look.
"Ew gross." I reply disgusted, as I shove his arm off my shoulder.
"Shut down!" Marcus laughs as the others walk back in.
Within the next half hour, the house was flooded with people. The stench of beer and spirits filled the packed house. Laughter and multiple conversations heard in every direction. I should be tasting the sweet sensation of alcohol on my tongue but tonight, I didn't feel too much like drinking. Water was my poison.
Then I saw him. The face that I was dreading to see. Jeff. He seemed happy. Laughing and having a good time, while I was miserable. I chose not to confront him so instead, I left him to have a good time.
I'd made my way into the backyard, leaning back on the lawn chair. Jeff and his mates soon followed to play beer pong. I sighed, rolling my eyes and tried to not let him get to me. When I was met with a friendly face.
"Andy, hey." Clay smiled as he sits beside me on the other lawn chair.
"Hey Clay. You came." I smile softly, sitting next to the dark haired boy.
"How are you?" He asked, leaning over to talk over the music. "Have you had a good weekend?"
I rolled my eyes, knowing why he was over here. "Did Jeff put you up to this?"
"What? No. Why would he?" Clay scoffed, obviously lying.
"You're a terrible liar, Clay." I respond, shaking my head.
"What happened between you two?" Clay asked, concerned for our relationship. "Just last week you guys were fine."
"I brought up college." I explain, turning to face Clay. "He wants to continue pushing back the conversation. We have less than a year and we've both applied to colleges."
I press my hands together, chewing my bottom lip.
"I don't know what to do, Clay." I admit, sighing loudly. "It's so frustrating! I just want to know what the hell we're going to do and he's just wanting to avoid it. Honestly, I think if we do continue our relationship through college, it won't last. Long distances, I can't do that. It's hard - difficult."
Clay nods, understanding.
"I get that." Clay confesses. "College isn't that far into the future and it does need to be spoken in detail between the two of you."
"I can't though. He doesn't want to." I groan, running my hand through my hair. "That pain in the arse baseball jerk is having the time of his life and I'm over here, having an awful time. Talking about a stupid fight."
Clay chuckles, shaking his head in disbelief.
"He's having the time of his life? If he's having such a good time, why does he keep looking over here?" Clay asks, motioning behind me.
I look over my shoulder seeing Jeff look over at Clay and I; when he noticed, he got back into the beer pong game.
"Whatever." I mumble, looking down at my hands. "I think I'm just going to go. I should've never came."
"But Andy-" Clay starts as I stand up, shaking my head.
"Don't." I interrupt. "I'll see you Monday."
With that, I push through the crowds of students in the house to make my way to the front door. I knew Clay was going to tell Jeff and I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.
Fresh air filled my lungs as I made it to the front lawn. The music soon became distant; the only sounds were my footsteps and someone running after me.
"Andrea!" Jeff called, grabbing my arm.
I jerked my arm out of his grip, facing him with watery eyes.
"You're leaving?" He asked, completely oblivious.
"Duh." I sarcastically say back.
"Why?" Jeff continued while I rolled my eyes.
"Really, genius?" I scoff. "You're having a fucking great time and I was sitting there having the worst night of my life! All because of you."
"Babe-" He starts as he reaches for my hand.
"We need to talk about it Jeff." I seriously reply, moving my hand from his grip. "Because this, it's not going to work. We both didn't want a long distant relationship but you're not willing to talk about it? Instead, you say it's not important and joke about it. We have less than a year, Jeff!"
A tear falls down my face as his hands cup my face, pressing his lips to mine. It felt like a well overdue kiss. Something you'd see in a fairytale. It was fierce, warm, loving, desirous. That's when I knew. I knew he was the prince I was going to end up with. College or no college. It was my baseball jerk.
"You want to know the god honest truth about why I think the conversation is ridiculous?" He murmurs, his warm breath hitting my face as he rubs his thumbs around my cheeks. "Because there's no future if there's no you. I'd give up baseball in a heartbeat if it meant having you by my side. You. It's always going to be you."
I was speechless. My breath hitches, staring into his eyes.
"There's a million other colleges that could take me. I don't care." Jeff shrugs. "But there's only one you. Only one you, Andrea. And I'm not ready to give you up, munchkin."
We stayed in silence as his forehead stayed glued against mine, his hands still rubbing my cheeks as single tears fall.
"I love you." I whisper, breaking the silence. "I'm not ready to let you go."
I look into his gaze, taking his hands in mine. Smiles slowly creep on each other's faces as he embraces me.
"Thank fuck." He mutters, kissing the top of my head.
His arms around my neck while mine wrapped around his torso.

"When it's real, you can't walk away."