Study Buddies

"But I know just who you areAnd I know you hold my heartFinally this is where I belongAnd it is you I have loved all along

And I know you hold my heart
Finally this is where I belong
And it is you I have loved all along."

Free period, finally! I decided to spend it in the library, to try and catch up on the homework I'd missed from the days I took off. 
"Andrea!" I hear as I turn, around.
A small smile appears as I see Jeff's tutor.
"Clay, hey." I reply as I walk alongside him with a handful of books. "Are you going to the library too?"
Clay nods, squeezing his books in his arms. "Yeah, you'll almost always find me there."
Together, we take a seat opposite each other when we arrive at a free table. I start to feel eyes watching me again, only to realize it was the person I was sitting with.
"What?" I ask, folding my arms on my book.
"Oh it's...it's nothing." He lies as he looks back down at his text book.
I roll my eyes, knowing he's got something to say. "Say it."
Clay sighed softly before looking up at me. "It's just...this is the first time we've sat together since..."
I nodded my head up and down, looking back down at my book.
"Yeah, I guess it is." I whisper going back to making eye contact with him. "Are you okay? I mean...I know you're not okay but-"
"I'm mad that he did it." Clay confessed, breaking eye contact. "Just pissed off."
I roll my eyes at Clay, annoyed that he didn't believe either.
"C'mon man, he told you." I explain, frustrated that Clay felt that way. "Jeff...you know him! Knew him. He wouldn't do that Clay."
"Shh!" The librarian shushes us over the conversation.
We both look over at her before looking back at our books. I sighed softly before shaking my head.
"You just...you gotta believe, Clay." I whisper with pleading eyes.
He looked up at me. Looking unsure and sad.
"I don't know what to believe, Andy." He sighs as I break contact back to my book.
Tears stung my eyes. Ready to break right there. But I just let them stay and blur my vision. I glanced over to the table behind Clay.
"Remember the last time we were there?" I asked while Clay looked behind him at the table. "The last time the three of us were there."

It was a gorgeous day, last days before Summer break. The air was fresh. Ready to be taken advantage of.
I wore a red summer dress with Jeff's baseball jacket over top. My heels clicked on the floor of the library as I had laid my eyes on two males. I grinned as I made my way to the love of my life. Who was getting tutored by Clay Jensen.
"Hey babe." I grin widely as I plant my arse on Jeff's lap, wrapping my left arm around his neck. "Hey Clay."
Jeff smiled before kissing me softly.
"Sorry for coming in on your study session." I apologize. "Clay teaching you anything new?"
"Always, munchkin." Jeff chimes, referring to his books.
"And Clay, is Jeff giving you good advice about Hannah?" I ask, leaning forward to Clay.
"Uh, yeah a bit, I guess." Clay mumbled, unconvinced about the Hannah situation.
"So Jessica's party." I start, switching looks from Jeff and Clay. "You guys going?"
"Are you?" Jeff asked as he kissed my neck.
"First party? Of course." I responded, smirking before landing a kiss on his lips. "And you have to come with me."
"Anywhere with you babe." Jeff responded, pecking me once more.
"But Clay." I mention pulling away from him. "Are you coming?"
"Uh, don't think I will." He responded with a shrug. "I wasn't invited."
"Everyone's invited!" Jeff explains.
"Plus, word around school." I start, leaning towards Clay. Our faces inches apart as Jeff leans in to listen also. "Hannah's going to make an appearance."
"Dude! This is your chance!" Jeff exclaims, smirking. "You have to go."
"How do you know this?" Clay asks me, his decision being made for him.
"Girls talk." A deviously grin appears on my face. "Plus, if you mention it to her, you guys could maybe arrive together."
"Oh babe, I like your thinking." Jeff chuckles, kissing my cheek, making me giggle.
"I'll think about it." Clay mentions with a shrug, before changing the subject. "What about you two? How long have you guys been together?"
Jeff and I looked at each other with a smile before Jeff answers. "Just over a year. A year and three months to be exact. The best damn days of my life."
"Aww babe." I stare at him in awe, a stupid grin on my face just from looking at him. "How did I get so lucky?"
Jeff chuckled before bopping my nose with his index finger. "You accepted my apology."
Clay, Jeff and I laughed as the librarian was shushing us. The bell rang just after, making us all rise from our seats.
"So Clay, you got to go to the party man. No ifs, buts or maybes." Jeff ordered, picking up his books from the table.
"Jeff I-" Clay starts as Jeff interrupts.
"Promise me I'll see you there." Jeff says with a serious tone in his voice.
Clay was about to argue, before giving in. "Okay, I'll be there."

Some tears had fallen from my eyes as we'd relived that day. Clay's eyes were still bloodshot as he turned back to me. He sniffled before meeting my eyes.
"He was a great guy." Clay whispered as the bell rang.
"Hannah was a great girl." I whisper back, putting my left hand over Clay's. "If you ever need someone to talk to, or anything. I'm always around."
Clay gave me a sad smile before I walked away from the table with my books, sniffling and wiping my eyes.
"Hey Tony." I smile softly, seeing him at his locker. "I haven't seen you in a while."
To be honest, Tony didn't have his normal smile on his face. Something was up.
"Yeah, I've been a little distracted lately." Tony responded, his gaze not meeting mine.
I furrowed my brow and placed my right hand on his shoulder. "Tony, are you okay?"
Tony scoffed, faking a smile before shrugging.
"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" He asked as he shut his locker.
His eyes met others in the hall. But never making mine. A few odd stares came from an unusual crowd. Zach, Marcus, Justin and Jessica.
"I'll see you round, Andrea." He chimed in before walking away.
I turned and looked back at the ones who'd been making odd looks at Tony. I don't know what the hell was going on, but I feel like it's something big.