Chapter 4

Previously,

And now I'm left with a crazy, fat lady in a creepy orphanage. Nothing could get worse than this.

•~•

Just then, a familiar face peeks through the door. With her short, curly hair and bright pink lipstick, it's no other than Nani Momoa.

I stand corrected. It just got worse. What is she doing here!

"Oh! Nani, dear!" Madame Maliyah says, ushering her in.

"Noelani, this is my niece, Nani. Nani, this is Noelani."

We both stare at each other coldly.

"I, uh, I see you two have met before, no?" Madame Maliyah asks awkwardly.

"Oh, plenty of times," I growl.

She was my middle school bully. And for the stupidest reasons, like, my hair wasn't done properly, or whatever. In middle school, I was a weakling, and let her control me. But I've grown. Ohh, how I've grown! And I'm looking for trouble. I'm not that tiny weakling anymore. 

I keep glaring at her, with an 'I'm ready to fight'  type of face on.

"Yah...anyways, Auntie, I came because my Papa is here to fix the window." Nani turns to Madame Maliyah.

"Oh thank you, dear. Let me just finish up with Noelani here. And, can you go get Kaimana for me please?"

"Sure." And with that, Nani quickly closes the door.

"As I was saying, I hope you can feel right at home here. Now, do you have a phone?" She asks, holding out her hand.

A phone! Of course! But I'm not going to tell her  that.

"No," I lie.

"Oh, okay. Well, I sent for Kaimana who is going to show you around. She should be here soon."

Just then, a tall, olive-skinned girl walks in, brushing back her brown, shoulder length hair from her emerald eyes. She's probably 16, my age.

"Aloha, Noelani. I'm Kaimana. Are you ready?"

"Yes, I'm ready." I sigh.

She leads me down a hall and up a flight of swirly stairs.

She opens the only door on the second floor and says, "welcome to our bedroom."

I walk in, and notice six other girls staring at me.

"Oh, these are Kalani, Lea, Moana, Olina, Pua, and Roselani." Kaimana introduces.

Kalani is about 12, I think, with tan skin, and black hair tied in two braids. She has bright hazel eyes, and cute freckles all over her face.

Lea looks about 13 or 14, with short brown hair, blue eyes, and fair skin.

Moana is probably 15, with wavy brown hair a little past her shoulders, and brown eyes. She is very tan, and has a beautiful smile.

Olina is about 17, with long, curly black hair and green eyes. She has an olive complexion, and has freckles under her eyes and on her nose.

Pua also looks 17, and looks just like Olina, so they're probably twins. The only difference is her hair is a little shorter.

And Roselani looks about 6, with short, black hair in two pigtails, and has beautiful purplish-pink eyes.

"Aloha," I say. "I'm Noelani."

"You'll be sharing a bunk bed with Roselani," Olina says.

"It's the only one left." Pua says, pointing to the top of a bunk bed.