Chapter 9

I woke up to my normal routine of Livy whispering in my ear.

"Morning, Noelani. I'm so glad your home!" 

I smile, and tap her on her nose. "Me too."

She takes my hand and we walk to the table.

"I made pancakes with daddy again! Want some?" Livy asks.

I look at her smiling face. "Oh, okay, I'd love to," I give in. I can't resist that cute little face.

Brody then walks in, sits down, and stares at me weirdly.

I feel the tingle up my back and hear, I hope she doesn't act like she did at the hospital!

I was about to reply, but I remembered what Alice and Mark said about controlling, so I bit my tongue to keep from speaking.

"Morning, Noelani, how are you feeling?" Alice asks, entering the room.

"I'm doing okay, I'm still sore though."

"You'll probably feel sore for a while. But don't do too much physical work, or it will wear you out." Alice tells me.

I nod. This is going to be tough. Mark enters, gives me a smile and puts a heart shaped pancake on my plate. "Livy's idea," he whispers.

I smile. Once Mark sits down we say grace, and dig in.

But I feel a tingling up my back and hear shoes crunching by the front door.

"Someone's here." I say.

Everyone looks at me weird, but then loud knocking is heard on the door.

"I'll get it," Mark growls.

He stands up, and goes to the door.

He opens it to see a government agent by the door.

"I have a warrant to take Miss Noelani Wahilihi out of your custody and into ours. If you do not acquiesce, we will use greater force." The agent commands.

"If you think I'd let you come into my house and take my daughter...then you're crazy. Good day to you, sir!"

Mark slams the door and locks it.

He sighs, then comes back to the table.

What have I done? I have put them in danger living here! Tears start forming in my eyes. "I'm-I'm sorry. It's all my fault."

"No, sweetie! It's not your fault! You're our daughter, and we'll do anything to keep you with us." Alice reassures, rubbing my back.

"Thanks. Can I go ride Moonlight? I'll only do a walk, I just want to clear my head." I ask.

"Well, wait ten minutes in case the agent is still around. Then go ahead," Mark says, "but only for twenty minutes, okay?"

"Okay."

I grab an apple after ten minutes and head to the barn. When I arrive to Moonlight's stall, I give her the apple and pet her mane.

"No one can really understand what I'm going through. But when I'm with you, you calm me," I say to Moonlight.

She gives me a slight whinny and I smile.

I saddle her up and trot around the huge field for a while.

I stop at the side gate by the road and just watch the cars go by while petting Moonlight.

I feel the tingles crawl up mg back and hear footsteps behind me and turn around to see the agent who came to our door.