Chapter 24

As the alarms are all blaring around us, we try to make it around the corner, to head to the lifeboats.

But guess who was waiting for us around that corner? No other than Alice and Mark.

"Well, well, well! Look who we have here," Alice snarls, grabbing me by the collar.

"None other than the hero Noelani! Leading all of her friends away! I told you that if you step a toe out of line there would be consequences..." Alice lifts me up higher, lifting my feet off the ground.

"Put her down!" Levi cries, tugging on my sleeve. But Mark pushes him away, and presses a button in his walkie talkie.

Soon enough, a group of guards come storming in, grabbing everyone behind me.

"Did you really think you could escape this boat? How stupid are you?!" Alice laughs, throwing me to the floor.

I grimace as my head hits the hard metal floor, blood throbbing in my ears.

Griffin then comes over, and nervously stands by Mark.

"What are you here for? You've done your job!" Mark growls.

"I-I was hoping you would stick to your end of the deal." Griffin replies.

Deal? What deal? 

"Oh yes, of course." Mark pulls out a single key. "You'll find her in cell 475 on floor one. Now get."

Griffin snatches the key and quickly shuffles away.

Her? Who did he betray us for?

Griffin and his bunk mates all run down the hall, and me and my friends are stuck with Satan and his wife.

Levi and Axel help me up, and Alice smirks. "Now, because of Noelani's stupid idea to trust a boy she just met, all of you will be put into the intensive isolation room."

Intensive isolation?

Mark sighs. "Now please all cooperate, I am in no mood to deal with testy prisoners. The Dark-" Mark pauses and clears his throat, "I mean I am getting annoyed, now let's go."

I'm too tired to resist, so we all glumly follow them down this twisted pathway to this extremely padlocked door, with six armed guards patrolling.

Crap that's overprotected.

Alice types in a long password, which of course I can't read because of her stupid mind block, and she brings us all in. The room is all glass, except for the ceiling which is made up of glittering rocks. There are only two other kids in here, a girl and a boy, so I guess we are just a rebellious bunch?

Alice and Mark push us in, and smile saying, "interested in those rocks? Anytime you try to disobey, well, these," Mark lifts up, showing some sort of a neck collar, "will shock you." He smirks.

Obviously Alice has to be the one to put mine on, but once Anna's is on she starts crying, so I try to comfort her as Alice and Mark leave.

"Have fun Noelani!" Alice cackles, closing the door shut. Immediately I look at everyone and say, "I'm sorry guys, this is all my fault. I shouldn't have made you guys do this."

"It's not your fault," Belle replies, placing her hand on my shoulder. "We all agreed, so we all took this downfall together."

"Not trying to ruin your little chat," The boy says sitting on the floor, "but my sister is sick and really needs the quiet."

"Sorry," Levi responds whispering.

"Mind if we sit next to you?" Axel asks the boy.

"Sure," he replies, brushing his dreadlocks out of his chestnut eyes. I'm guessing they're at least siblings. They have the same type of dark skin, and their faces look the same.

We all sit, me a little shakily, and just sit there awkwardly. 

"Um, my name's Axel, and this is my twin Kayla," Axel says to the boy, breaking the silence.

"Oh, I'm Nico, and this is my little sis Aniyah." The boy says.

We then proceed to introduce ourselves, except I introduce Anna since she's shy.

"I know this is kind of a weird question, but Noelani, is your knee hurt?" Nico asks.

"Ummm ya..." I say shakily. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, I'm a healer, so if you want I can heal all of your injuries. I'll get a little shock, but it's okay since my body heals itself."

"Really?? Thank you so much!" I reply. Finally! I was hoping we'd find a healer at some point!

"Sure," Nico scoots over to me and lays his hands on my knee. "This might hurt a little, since I have to re-position your broken bones. Ready?" Nico asks. 

I take a deep breath. It won't hurt as much as breaking my knee, right? "Okay, I'm ready."

"Is she supposed to glow?" Nico asks Levi.

"She does it when she's experiencing strong emotions." Levi replies.

"Okay, just checking." Nico replies. He closes his eyes, and his hands start pulsing light as he puts them on my knee. The pain feels sharp, but kind of like a long lasting bee sting.

He rubs them all up and down my knee, which feels a little weird, but he's done in no time.

"There," he replies, taking his hands off. "Test it o--" Nico gets interupted by the shocking of his collar, buzzing him and shaking his body. It only lasts a little but he's clearly breathing heavy.

"I'm sorry, Nico." I say sympathetically.

"It's...fine...I'll be...good in no...time," He says, breathing heavily.

I stand up, and walk around, all the pain is gone, and my knee feels amazing. "Wow Nico! Thank you so much!" I reply, walking around.

"No problem. I was getting bored in here anyways." He replies.

Anna smiles, "Now you can play tag with me!" She jumps into my arms, wrapping hers around my neck.

I laugh, "I will, but not right now. We don't want to wake up Aniyah. I think we should all rest, it's late."

Belle yawns. "I agree."

"Well, nice meeting you all, I guess I'll see you in the morning," Nico says, leaning against the wall next to his sister.

We all do the same, and Anna lays her head on my legs, and falls asleep fast.

Well, at least I'm with friends? I just hope we can get out of here soon.

~

Hey guys, I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for not updating this in a while, a lot has been going on recently, buuuuut, what do you think? Will they be able to get out? Or will they finally face the Dark One? Stay tuned to find out!