Chapter 16

"How-how do you know her name?" I ask in shock.

"I had the same dream, except it was with my foster parents, saying the same thing then muttering about a girl named Cassie. What does this mean?" Kayla asks.

"What does what mean?" A cold, distinct voice asks from behind me...Clarisse.

"Oh, um...what my dream meant. I had a dream that...ducks were talking Russian and doing Irish step-dancing..." I say, nervously. That is probably the worst excuse made in the history of bad excuses, but I hope she buys it!

"Okay, whatever. Kayla, do you mind going over to help Annabeth? She needs help with her hair."

"Oh, uh, sure. We'll talk later, Noelani, about your, ah, duck dream." Kayla says, walking away.

"I don't know what you two where talking about, but I don't like it. Stop talking to Kayla. Oh, and by the way, I call dibs on Levi, so stay away from my boy." Clarisse sassily barks at me.

"Um. Excuse me? I may be in a prison but this is still a free country. That means I can talk to anyone I want. And you can't just call 'dibs' on someone. You should should let the guy chose, and that's very childish. Plus, we're just friends." I answer, giving an attitude.

Clarisse opens her mouth in shock. "I'm the older one here, you should respect your elders!"

"Sorry, grandma." I smirk.

"Wow what a great comeback!" Clarisse sarcastically says, rolling her eyes. "You're so stupid!" 

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege." I snap back.

"Ugh, you're such an idiot!" She angrily cries.

"Well, I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong." 

Clarisse stares at me, coldly, saying nothing.

"What's the matter, grandma? Cat got your tongue?" I smirk.

"Ugh!" And with that, she storms off.

"What was that about?" Levi asks from behind.

"Oh hey! It was nothing. How was your sleep?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Fine, I guess. You?"

"Eh, okay. Woke up on the floor, but I'm okay. Kayla helped me." I assure.

"Oh. Okay good." Levi answers.

I was about to say something else when the giant steel door clicks open, and Jillian walks in.

"Attention! All eyes on me! I have an announcement!"

"No duh," I whisper to Levi.

"Today, I have created a special course, or maze for each one of you, to test your skills. In the maze, I have hidden one of your loved ones. If you successfully rescue your loved one within the time limit, they will be able to spend the day with you. If not, well, I think you understand. Anyone who is under the age of 11 cannot participate, but will still get to spend the day with your loved one. First up, Hope!"

Hope nervously walks up and leaves the room with Jillian.

"Who do you think your loved one is?" I ask Levi.

"Um...probably my friend, Bover. He's so funny! What about you?"

"Oh defiantly my best friend Alani. She's the one who gave me this," I say, opening my locket and showing Levi.

"She looks very nice."

"Oh, she is." I reply.

With Clarisse now talking with Olly, Kayla comes back over.

"Sorry about that, so let me ask you again, what do you think it means?" Kayla asks.

"What means?" Levi asks me.

So I go over my dream, and how Kayla had a similar one.

Levi sits there in shock.

"What? Levi, are you okay?" I ask.

"Y-yah, but Noelani, I had the same exact dream!"

Another person with the same dream! What is going on?

Just then Hope comes back, holding an older girl's hand that looks just like her.

"Looks like Hope passed," I say relieved. 

"Kayla and Axel, come. You will have a turn together," Jillian looks at us.

"Good luck, you got this!" I say, squeezing Kayla's hand.

"Thanks," she replies squeezing it back.

"Noelani. In the dream, Alice and Mark said that they knew we were special. Do you think these UPP people also work for the 'Dark One'?" Levi asks.

"It could be a possibility. But they said they need us. If the UPP work for the 'Dark One', then why would they still need us?"

"True. Ugh this is so confusing!"

The steel door opens once again, Kayla and Axel enter with two girls, and walk over to us at the picnic table.

"Levi! Your turn! Come!" Jillian calls.

"Good luck, Levi. You'll do great," I say, assuring him.

"Thanks Noelani. See you soon."

And with that, he leaves.

"Noelani! I wanted to introduce you to our friends!" Kayla says.

"This is Lily, who used to be Axel's girlfriend before we were brought here," she says pointing to the girl with long curly brown hair, fair skin, and chestnut eyes.

"Nice to meet you," I say, shaking her hand.

"You too." She replies in a beautiful, silky voice. "And I'm still his girlfriend. He's the only one for me," she says, rubbing his arm.

Dang it! I knew he was too handsome to be single!

"And this is Allison, my girlfriend," Kayla says, pointing to a beautiful girl with wavy black hair with blue streaks, a fair complexion, and deep blue eyes.

"Nice to meet you," I say, also shaking her hand.

"You too! You're very pretty," she says.

"Ally! Don't be hitting on my friend!" Kayla jokes.

"Don't worry sweetheart, you're my one and only."

Aww! How cute!!!

The door opens again, with Levi walking in with a boy about our age, with a tan complexion, brown haired cornrows to his shoulders, and black eyes.

"Noelani! Come with me. It's your turn." Jillian says.

I slowly stand up, and crutch over to her. On my way to Jillian, Levi whispers in my ear, "good luck! You'll be fine."

I really hope so.

I leave the room, the steel door slamming behind me.

Here I go!

•~•

Hope you liked it! Wow! Not only was Kayla dreaming Cassie, but Levi too! Will Noelani be able to get her friend?! Tune in next chapter to find out. And before I end this, let me say, THIS BOOK HAS OVER 300 VIEWS! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING ME AND MY STORY!💘💞❤💙💓💗 And remember, please vote, comment, and follow! Love you all!