Chapter 13

I wake up, head pounding. I groggily look around for Levi.

Where is he?!

I frantically look around, but my vision is still blurry.

"Hello?" I call out.

"Yes. Are yeh awake, gurl?" The lady asks.

"Yes." I answer.

"Oh, I is comin'!" I hear her say. There's a lot of shuffling, and the lady walks in.

"'allo Noelani, 'ow do yeh feel?" She asks.

"Um...I'm alright. My head is killing me though, my knee hurts, my visions blurry and I can't remember why." I explain.

"I see. Well, I will tell Levi dhat yeh 'ave awoken, bu' he is out choppin' wood."

"Okay, thank you," I say. I have a feeling I know her, but my fuzzy eyes aren't helping it.

She hobbles away, and I'm left on the couch. I look at my knee, and it's propped up with a pillow, wrapped in ace bandages, with two ice packs on it.

I hear the door open and close, then footsteps.

I get my usual crawlings up my back and hear the lady say,

"Hallo, Levi. Noelani 'as woken up today."

"Really! I have to go see her!" Levi enters the room, and hurries over to my side, kneeling down.

"I'm so happy you're okay. You almost didn't make it. Without Reselda, you'd probably...well, you know."

"Reselda? Is that her name?" I ask.

"Yes, and her husband, Theron, should arrive any minute."

"But I thought it was going to take a month, have I been out that long?"

"No, you've only been out for 5 days, but she just miscalculated his arrival. Anyways, how do you feel?" Levi asks.

"To be honest, awful. My eyes are kinda blurry, my head is killing me, and my knee is the worst of all."

"Yah. Reselda concluded that you have a concussion, and probably a broken kneecap. So you won't be moving for a while."

"Great. What if we have to be on the run again? Mikeel will definitely catch us now."

"But he has no idea where we are. We'll just stay here until you recover."

"Is that fine with Reselda?" I ask.

"Of course! She loves company."

"Did I 'ear my name?" Reselda calls.

"Yes, but only good things!" Levi calls back.

My vision clears up a bit and I'm able to see Reselda's complexion fully.

She has long, blackish-grey hair, a tan color, and reddish-pink eyes.

I gasp.

"I know you!" I cry.

Reselda looks at me confused.

"Pardon?" She asks.

"You are the nice lady who brought me back home when I got lost from the bakery! In Hawaii!" I cry.

She just stares at me for a while, then it dawns on her. "Yehr lil Lani!" She exclaims.

"Yes!" I cry. She's the same lady in my dream!

"Pehea 'oe..?(how are you?)" I ask.

She smiles and replies, "Maika'i no mahalo! (Very well, thank you!)"

"Um...aloha!" Levi says.

I look over at him and laugh. "Sorry, we only asked how we were doing. I just got overexcited to see her."

"Anyways, I made dinner. Theron shoul' be 'ome soon. I made my famous 'azelnut soup." Reselda says.

"Yum!" I cry. We end up eating in the living room so I didn't have to get up.

Once we finish dinner, Reselda lights the fireplace, and there's a loud knock on the door. 

"Open up!" A harsh voice cries.

"Go, 'ide in my room. Levi 'elp  her quickly."

Levi helps me stand, but I almost pass out of dizziness.

"Sorry," I whisper.

Levi only nods and helps me to Reselda's room, and sets me down on the bed, then joins me, and holds a finger up to his lips.

He looks at me, and I feel the tingling sensation.

Eavesdrop on their conversation.

I nod.

I lean my head towards the doorway and listen.

"Hello. I am looking for two teenagers. One short and Hawaiian and one kinda tall with red hair. Have you seen them?"

"No I 'aven't. Who are yeh?" Reselda asks.

"I am Devin, a member of the UPP, or Unusual Phenomenon Preventors, and we are looking for Noelani Wahilihi and Levi Jackson."

"Well , I 'aven't seen any teenagers 'ere. Bu' I'll keep a lookou' and le' yeh know if I see dhem."

"Thank you ma'am. Here's my card." 

I hear a door close, and soon, Reselda enters the room.

"A man named Devin. 'eard of 'im?" 

"No. He's new. Mikeel wasn't part of the UPP." I respond.

"Weird alright," Levi says.

"I 'ave an idea. Maybe Mikeel pu' a trackin' device on yeh two. Le' me examine Noelani and I'll 'ave Theron look at yeh when he ge's  'ome Levi."

"Okay, that's not a bad idea," I say.

"Bu' later. Now, Noelani needs 'er rest. Yeh can sleep in my bed. And I'll go ge' yeh some pain medication."

"Oh, okay, thanks. Can Levi stay with me tonight?" I ask.

"On dhe floor." She replies.

"Fine by me," Levi answers.

She leaves, and Levi puts some blankets on the floor for himself.

 She comes back, gives me the medicine, and leaves the room. Once she leaves, Levi says,

"You okay?"

"Yah, just a little jittery. And in need of some company."

"Okay. Good thing you got me," he winks. "Goodnight Noelani."

"Goodnight Levi," I reply.

I wish I had never gone to sleep that night.

•~•

I know, kinda boring. Sorry I haven't been on for a while. Been prepping for finals and have had some writers block. But I'm back! Hope you liked it! Please vote, comment, and follow! Love you all!