Chapter 4 *edited*

When we reach the meadow I walk up to the house and knock on the back door. When my father open's the door and I show him my mark he says something I will never forget.

"Luna you need to run away with Zeke. It is the only way you can stay safe. Change the King's mind about Dragon Rider's and help bring peace back to our kingdom. That is your mission to save the Kingdom of Ruby's and everyone in it." He said. Looking into my eyes. This is the one mission he failed to do.

I nod and hug him. "Before I go I want to show you Lula my dragon. We will come back one day I promise. We might even come to visit from time to time." I said. "Lula come on out." I tell her. "I am coming I just hatched I am bound to be a little slow." She sassed me back.

When she crawls into sight my dad looks at her and then me. He smiles "She is perfect for you. Now you need to go. Don't worry about your mother. I will tell her and try to help her. She is still in a very shocked state from last night." Dad said.

He then turned and went back inside without a word. I turn and head back into the woods. "Zeke we have our mission now let's go do the research so that we are at least well informed. There is a library at the Base. We will come up with a name for it later." I said. Zeke nods and we take off running to the cave.

When we get there I open up the door and we all hurry inside. I then lead us down the hallway. The library is the door right in front of the dining room. So when I turn into the room Zeke almost walks right past it. 

The library is huge. A lot of the books are written in a dead language that I don't know. I walk over to the shelves written in English. I skim through the books. I pull out 'history of the Kings' 'Dragon Rider's Guide' and 'Dragon's 101'.

I see Zeke pull out three other ones but I can't read there cover's from here. I walk over to the table and open up the History of the Kings. In it has the king's name, how long he ruled, and the major thing's that king did while he ruled. I flip to King Alex.

King Alex:

Ruled: 33 year's

Biggest Decree: Dragon Rider's be appointed as the highest honor and highest ranking other than the king and royal family above the age of 12.

"That guy was a good ruler." Lula told me. I sighed he is the great-grandpa of the King in rule now. I flip to the next page but nothing of interest shows up. It is his grandson who made the life-changing decree.

King Po:

Ruled: 35 year's

Biggest decree: When his father died he deiced that all Dragon Rider's were to be killed on sight. Not one left alive.

What happened that King Po changed the rules? I know that he just recently stepped down and gave the thrown to his 14-year-old son which is the custom of our kingdom. The old king will act as an adviser now.

"Zeke I found that it was King Po who changed things. He is still alive and well though it is his son who rules now. Did you find anything of interest?" I ask him. He shakes his head and keeps reading.

Well I found the king who made the decree. I might as well try Dragon Rider's Guide next I flip it open to the first chapter.

Dragon's and there rider's share a special bond. The dragon will look into the heart of a human and if they see good in that human they will then bond with them on their 14th birthday. That is also when their mark will appear.

The mark on a human only shows that they are a rider and what family they come from. A family of dragon riders is a little like a family so that is what we call it. Most though don't have the same mark only similar marks.

I flip to the next chapter. This is one about how this will affect the human and dragon that are bonded.

A dragon can breathe fire by the time they are 3 month's old. They can talk out loud when they are 4 month's old. Every dragon can breathe fire but then the dragon get's a special power that it shares with its rider.

No two dragons have the same power in this comparison. No two riders will have the same power either. Then the rider get's a power that is all there own. Those can be alike but are never the same. They can show up when the dragon is 2-4 month's old.

I smile so I will be getting powers. I thought those were just a legend. "Zeke we are going to be getting powers. You can get your's any time now." I said and gave him a summary of what I just read.

"Did you find anything on the dragon's?" I ask him. "Yes. Zen here is normal size and Lula is a little smaller than average but that only means she is going to be fast and agile. They only grow to be as big as a house at the most and when they are full grown they can shrink down to the size of a cat and back again in the blink of an eye. They are full grown on there 1st birthday." He told me.

I smile. Life is going to be interesting in the very near future. I can't wait for me and Lula to get our power's.

--Time Skip--1 month later--

I just woke up from a good night's sleep. Lula is too big to ride around on me any more. She is up to my waist now. Zeke got his power yesterday. He has night vision which I find unfair that he can see in the dark and I am the one that hunt's in the dark. They have yet to find the power that they share. I think they may be able to sense danger from a mile away and then there bodies act without them noticing it to get them out of danger.

The only thing is they haven't realized it yet. I throw thing's at them all the time in the training room and every time it never fails that they dodge it or catch it. At supper the other night I 'accidentally' threw my spoon at Zeke and he just brought his hand up and caught it.

I finish getting dressed and Lula comes up behind me. "Here comes Zeke" is all she said and before I could ask her what she meant he comes running in. "I figured out the power that me and Zen share!" He all but yells.

I start laughing. "I have known." I said. I then suddenly chuck a vase at his head when he turns his back. His hand comes up and catches it without him even looking. "Why didn't you tell me!" He yells at me.

"Hey when we go to train do you want me to shoot at you with my bow? I will use dulled arrows of course." I ask sweetly. I am so going to get him with some exploding stink arrows. 

A/N

Word Count: 1338

I am flying through these chapters. I normally have everything in the book moving to fast but this time I almost feel like I am going to slow. Oh well this is one of my best books yet! Zeke is so going to smell for a few day's or maybe it will be someone else who stinks or maybe it will be no one. I am not ruining the surprise.