Chapter 9 *edited*

'Lula can you hide and follow us? Tell Zen that he needs to hide also please. I don't want Stella talking about you and then us getting caught again.' I tell her. 'Already done.' is all she said. I look over at her and I can only see her outline. I love my dragon.

I hear her laugh in my head and we start are walk into the village. Stella is walking right in between me and Zeke. Zen took to the sky and is circling above our heads looking like a cloud. A rather odd cloud but a cloud.

Stella is singing random words that don't even make up a song and I am walking along laughing. Zeke looks like he is about to laugh but isn't. Well I might look insane but hey I am having fun.

We continue on the trail for a few minutes when I start to see shadows of people. More bandits that is just great. Perfect even. I am not going to be able to scare them away from my old name. Not with this little one hanging around. 

Well if it's a fight they want it is a fight they will get. I stop and grab Stella. Zeke notices my actions and goes into high alert. I pull my sword out and Stella goes behind me with Zeke on the other side.

"Come out I know you are there." I call out in a clear voice. I here a chuckle and draw my sword. "I normally don't take orders from a lady but in your case I will make an exception." I hear a deep voice say.

I see out of the corner of my eye about 10 bandits surrounding us and the leader is in the circle with us. Holding my sword out and at the ready I look sideways at Stella. She is shaking badly and Zeke is OK with a sword but there are to many of them. One might hurt Stella.

"What do you want?" I ask the leader calmly. He has to be about 20 and the rest of that gang ranges from my age to 20 if I had to guess. "Well we want you and the boy." He said. His eyes settled on Zeke and then would go between me and him.

"So you have no reason to hurt Stella. I say we make a deal." I said. The leader seems to think it over. Stella still has Clawdet and that tiger cub has bonded with her and I can't take the cub away from her.

"What is the deal?" He asked me. "I will surrender along with my pal over there but you have to allow me to take Stella back to her village." I say. The leader thought it over. "We get to keep the boy here while you go to the village?" The guy asks. I nod my head yes.

"Get going then. We won't wait for long." The guy said. I sheath my sword and grab Stella. We then take of running. We reach the village in minutes. "Stella I wan't you to go home and Clawdet is staying with you. Don't let anyone hurt her. Don't worry about us we will be fine. We have our dragons." I say and push her gently towards the village.

She runs to her house and I take of as fast as I can go back to Zeke. 'Lula I want you to stay hidden. Don't come out unless it is an emergency.' I say. I don't here her answer. In a moment I am in the clearing. 

They have tied Zeke down. The leader comes up to me with some rope and holds out one hand. He is looking at my weapon. I shake my head. "You won't be able to touch much less wield my sword without becoming dead or getting injured." I say.

He raises an eyebrow and holds out his hand. I set my sword in it and he drops it immediately holding his hand to his chest. Even with the glance I had gotten of his hand I can tell that it is burnt bad.

He glared at me. I only smile at him and shrug my shoulders in an innocent way. I did warn him about that. "Fine can you put it in a box or something?" He asked me. I shake my head. "It will burn through anything like that in a matter of seconds." I say. It is true but only if I don't want it there. 

When I asked for the enchantment I had been very careful about how it was written so that if this ever happened to me I would have a weapon. At least my bow looks like a toy that is useless for anything other then playing.

The leader looks at my sword like it was going to hop up and kill him before looking at me. "Put it in it's sheath. I have a feeling that if it isn't in a certain distance from you it will also come flying through anything and back into your hand." He said. Well he got that one on the dot. There goes that plan.

Well onto plan B or is it C I don't even know any more. Zeke is looking at me like he might kill me at any minute for letting this happen to us. Well I didn't feel like killing anyone to day. Well if I do have to I guess I could.

I don't like killing but I will if I have to. A bandit comes up to me with a hand outstretched waiting for me to put my right arm in his hand so he can see if I am a rider or not. I hold out my left arm and he raises an eye brow.

I sigh and hold out my right arm. He pulls my sleeve up and yells for the leader when he sees my arm. The leader sighs and stands up "What now? These two are almost more trouble then they are worth. These two better be the ones with the bounty on there head from the king." He said.

Well things just got a little more interesting. "Sh..She... is...a..a..Dragon....Rider!" The guy stutters out in a loud voice. The leader laughed. "Well just tie her up and she won't be much trouble now will she?" He said.

I only roll my eyes. I allow them to tie my hands behind my back and then tie me to Zeke. "Zeke I have a plan but we need them to believe that we don't want to fight. Don't use your real name. Use your rider name." I said. He nods and seems to think what name he wants to use.

Well they know I am a rider but they don't know where my dragon is. Well I wonder when they are going to realize this. If I had to guess it would be in about 3....2....1 and there they go. They whip around and face me and Zeke.

We are tied together back to back. I smile sweetly and then they pale. "Where is your dragon?" the leader asked calmer then a man in his position normally would have. "My name is Shadow Lightingbolt so you can tell all your friends who beat you. As for my dragon I think she is right behind you." I say. She is there I wouldn't lie.

She is invisible and she suddenly becomes visible. They gulp and turn. When they see Lula with her chest puffed out ready to breath fire on them. "Call her off. We will let you go just call her off." The leader all but wails at me. I don't think getting killed is on his agenda today.

I laugh and grab the hidden dagger that I keep with me. I then cut Zeke's bonds. Next I cut my own. Then I hide the dagger again. I draw my swords and let out a chuckle. They whip around and the one that tied me up lets out a girly scream.

I run forward and put my sword to the leaders neck. All the other bandits came running. "Call them off or I can always run this sword through your neck." I say with a hard look in my eyes. He gulps.

When he opens his mouth to say something I will never forget it and what the reactions of his other bandits are. This was a life changing thing to know. Even Lula looked taken back. What he said was this...

A/N

Word Count: 1414

Sorry it took so long but I got it done. As always please COMMENT.