Chapter 14

"I do." Said a voice that I know pretty well. I let out a string of unladylike words and that just makes him laugh. I turn around and come face to face with...

Drake. The vigilante that I spent a whole summer with. The one thing that I learned that summer is that his training methods are sometimes harsh but he always has a reason for it. I hear Sky grab his sword and get into an attacking position. 

"Sky this is Drake. He is the one that I spent that whole summer with. I think that I mentioned him one time." I say. Sky looks at me. "I know who he is. He is one of the reasons that the gang I was in tried to capture you. We found out that he is your father." Sky said.

"What there is no way. Drake tell him." I say looking at him. He sighs and shakes his head. "I can't do that because it is true." Drake said. He pulls his sleeve up and there on his arm is the mark of a dragon.

"Where is your dragon? They could help us find our dragon's. We do have the keys after all." I say with an evil glint in my eyes. Drake may be my father but I am not having that conversation until we permanently take over this base.

I see that wall behind Drake move. For a second I thought that I was imaging things but a second later a dragon appeared. It was pitch black and in it's downsized form. It was a little smaller then a German Sheppard.

He puts his nose into the air and starts walking down the tunnel away from the entrance. He takes a few turns put then stops in front of the door. We walk in and there are our dragons. I open the closest cage to the door which happens to be Azul.

I try the next one and there is Blaze. She runs to me and I her and hug her. I climb on her back and she runs to the next cage. I unlock it and there is Zen. We have all the dragon's now and so we all run for the door.

 I am still on Blaze's back. She leaps into the sky and the rest of the dragon's follow suit. Blaze is looking for a place to land. We find one a few minutes later there is an open valley in the forest. I can see a herd of deer grazing in the forest.

When Blaze lands the whole herd spooks and runs off even though Blaze is a little bigger then them. Next Zen lands and then Azul. Then my father's dragon came next to Blaze. I hop off of Blaze and walk over to Sky.

Everyone else comes over to us. "We need a plan. I think we are also going to need a home base. We can't use my old one because a new person took my place." Drake tells us. Well no duh. 

"We already have a place." I say looking him in the eyes. "Can me and Stella come. We won't be much good on the battle field. My shared gift is healing though. My other power is seeing if someone is telling the truth." Sofia said. 

Well those will be useful but not on the battle field. "Drake can you tell us your dragon's battle name?" I ask my father. I am not going to be calling him dad. I know him as a trainer first and that is how I am going to be treating him.

"His battle name is Alvaro. My shared power is camouflage. My power is stealth. I can stand in the shadows and no one would know that I'm there." My dad said. I am guessing that Drake is his rider name. 

"Well now that I know everyone's power I am thinking that we are going back to Owl Eye. It is an old Rider's base that is near my old town. No one knows it's location except for me and Sky." I say.

We have enough rooms for everyone to have there own room. "My dragon is Midnight Blaze by the way. My Rider's name is Shadow Lightingbolt. Drake you would do well to remember that that is my Rider's name." I say. 

With that we all mount up and Stella keeps riding with her mother. It takes about an hour of flying over the rocky land until my village came into view. Blaze sees her home land and starts to fly a little faster. 

I can tell that Blaze and Zen are getting tired. The two adult dragon's are not even breathing heavy yet. It takes about 20 minutes to reach the meadow that my house is in. I see my dad come running and my mother right by his side until she sees us.

My mother stops dead in her tracks as she takes in all four dragons and there rider's. I get of Blaze and hug my father. My father is having a staring match with Drake.  My dad knows that he isn't the best example to have running around but Drake hasn't broken any major laws.

"Mason I would like you to meet Drake. He is supposedly my real father." I tell my dad. He looks Drake in the eye and then he looks at me. "Well I can see the family resemblance." Mason said. I just glare at him. He smiles and backs away from me. I am going to get him back for that.

"Lets talk about this once we fully take Ex King Po out of the picture. Until then it doesn't matter who is related to who for we are all in danger." I said. With my eyes I dared Mason or Drake to try and start that conversation again. Neither of them did. Well that is the power of a good glare. 

I really hope that my own personal power is one that I can use for fighting. "We need to get moving. This many dragons in one place is going to get some attention." I say in a loud voice. Everyone looks at me and then there dragon's. Then they look at the rather small village to the left. Well my message got through to them.