Chapter 22

He laughs. "Don't you worry yourself. We are landing over there in those rocks." He says. I do as he says and set us down carefully in the rocks. I let him loose of the lightning and we settle in to wait. "How long did you say until your partner made it here?" I ask him carefully. He smirks. "I never said." He says with a deadly grin. "Hello Reaper and who I am assuming is Luna." I hear someone say. I spin around and nearly let loose a bolt of lightning on them when I see who it is.

My lightning is crawling under my skin as I face the boy. Not a boy an almost man. A few years older then me. It is Aspen. The boy that tried kidnapping me all those years ago. "What are you doing here?" I growl out as I have my sword out and pointed at his throat. Sparks are flying off me. 

His eyes go wide in surprise. He recognizes me as well. "It's you! Finally I've been searching for you."He says. Reaper is looking between the both of us in confusion. "You already know each other? How do you know each other?" He says the confusion clear in his voice. 

"He tried to kidnap me and sell me into slavery when I was 10. He got sent to jail and his buddies broke him out. The second time he went after me I beat him senseless and never saw him again." I say never taking my eyes off him. Aspen's eyebrows are curled in confusion then go wide. 

"I lost all memory before that night. I only remember searching for you, the beating, and the people who broke me out and said that if I didn't catch you they would kill me." He said. Looking for any sign of him lying I find that he is telling the truth. That doesn't change a whole lot though. 

"How did you manage to threaten my team with that glowing trick?" I ask him threateningly. Both of them laugh. "Only sprinkled Pixie Dust on them. On Dragon Riders it makes them glow and the person that put it on can control it but once it dims to nothing it's gone for good. It isn't a very well known fact." Aspen says. 

I nod and point my sword at Reaper. "Guessing you want him back?" I say calmly. Aspen only rolls his eyes. "We both know your going to hand him over. Although we need to make a slight deal so I can get him back from you I am guessing." He says. I smirk. If nothing else he learns quick. 

"Yes I hand him over and in exchange you can't tell the king where we are or harm anyone in my group." I tell them. They burst out laughing. "Honestly thought you would have figured it out by now. We are on your side." Reaper says and he walks over to Aspen. The ropes holding his arms behind his back lay on the ground. 

"Why should I believe that?" I ask keeping my sword pointed at the two of them. "I could have killed you all and I didn't. Also allowed you to 'capture' me." Reaper said. He makes a far point. He could have fought at every twist and turn but he didn't. 

"Okay so your on my side. What's that have to do with dragging me out here away from all of my group?" I ask. They have to be back at the owl eye and I am now a whole day behind them. Most likely two at my flying rate. Aspen looks at me. "The Old King values us both. We are told most plans and play a hand in the planning." He says. 

This gets my attention. "So what are you saying?" I ask them hoping that they are saying what I think they are. "We are going to be your spies. It is high time the Dragon Riders come back to keep the peace and not just in this kingdom but this is a good one to start." Reaper says. I smile at this idea and put my sword away but sparks are still easy to see. 

It poses a very interesting prospect for me. It would also mean King Alex could get messages to me and I could get messages to him with any luck. "You would inform me of every change?" I ask them. They both nod. "How do you suggest we send messages?" I ask them. Aspen pulls out of a bag I hadn't noticed two acorns. 

They are larger then average but not overly large. "These are magic touched. You put an object in one and it sends it to the other. We can send letters this way with no chance of them being intercepted. They can also send anything of any size despite there size." Aspen explains to me. He hands one to me. I open the lid and it is empty. 

"In order to get what is sent the top will turn blue. You tap it three times and open it upside down and the object will come out. To send you just open it, drop the object in, and put the lid on." Reaper explains to me. I look at them both. "If you betray me I won't blame you but know that if you do you could doom this kingdom to hell." I tell them. 

Aspen nods and so does Reaper. "We know the risks and we know what is happening isn't right. Dragon Riders are here for a reason and they are here to protect and keep the peace. If things go left unchecked by them then this world won't last long." Reaper says. He isn't wrong. Kingdoms are already fighting others for more land. 

"We have best be going. The King will have a mission for us once we report that we failed to find the Riders and there Dragons." Aspen says to Reaper. It is dark and I can't travel on the lightning board in the dark. "I have best get going as well." I say with a scornful look at the sky. Reaper seems to notice. "You can't use your board can you?" He says. 

I sigh. "No I can't. It's the easiest and fastest way for me to travel but not the only way. I expect weekly reports and don't get caught." I say as I will myself invisible. I set out on my way and I walk a good ways before stopping. I have no food, no water, my sword, my bow, and the clothing I am wearing. 

There are a few things that I could do. My best option at the moment is to go up into a tree and get some sleep. Scanning I find the tallest tree and climb up into the higher branches. After picking a very wide branch I lay down and look below me.

The wood is hard to sleep on but I don't have much of a choice. I look at the acorn again. Under the full moon I can see perfectly. I put the acorn back into my pocket and look below me as my eyes start to close. 

As my eyes shut I can almost swear I see someone marching through the woods towards me and then the sound of someone saying my name reaches my ears but sleep overtakes me. I drift off into the feeling of nothingness that is called sleep. 

A/N

Word Count: 1259

There is the next chapter. What's going to happen I wonder? Actually no I don't wonder cause I'm the author and know what's going to happen.... sorta it's a work in progress. Hope all readers (and everyone in general) had a good day.