Chapter 2: My New Dragonlady... Umbridge

A/N: Hey guys! I am so sorry that this took forever, but I have been sick the past couple of days and I couldn't upload as fast as I wanted to. I do apologize! I will try my best to upload quicker next time, but with finals coming up and everything I will be super busy. Please tell me what you guys think of the story so far in the comments! I would greatly appreciate it!!!! :) Now, enough with the chatter, let's get on with Chapter dos! (gotta love Spanglish!!!)

   -Jess

Chapter 2

  My New Dragonlady... Umbridge

   Waking up in the morning with the sun peeking through the green curtains... how exciting! Not! I still felt weird about being here. It felt weird not getting on the bus to head off to the Academy to dance for the rest of the day. It even felt weird not having Moose here. Ha! What a school year that would be, Moose would be cracking jokes all day long, coming up with some new routines and music ideas. He's one of the best friends I know besides the rest of my crew. Bustling begins outside my door, the movement of a lot of feet. Damn you stone floors. Groaning, I pull myself up, smacking my lips a couple of times. My schedule was laying on my backpack, taunting me.

   "Screw you." I mumble, throwing my legs over the side of my bed, dropping down onto the floor. The parchment crackled in my hands as I slowly unfolded it. Great, I have Divination with the Gryffindors and Ravenclaws, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and then Potions. Oh, this is going to be fun. The uniform is going to be a bit of a problem though. The skirt, socks, shirt, Slytherin robe. My fingers ran over the emblem neatly stitched into the chest. The inside of the hood was green, along with the rest of the lining. Pulling everything on, I tie my favorite black boots up and make my way downstairs, grabbing my backpack and drawstring.

   Everyone was heading towards the Great Hall for breakfast, some happy and some were still in the wake up process. I couldn't really blame them. I would still be asleep right now if I had the choice. The Academy didn't really start until 10. This is like 4 a.m. for me right now. The halls seemed too small for everyone to crowd their way through, shoulders bumping together, a mindless mixture of black robes with green, blue, red, or yellow linings. It's always funny to see where the little mob turns into a room, it's like watching a river make a curve. Of course, who was I to judge that? Maybe I was. 

   Through the combination of people, I manage to snake my way through. Thank God. I get VERY claustrophobic with things like a crowded hallway. I need my own room to breathe. My fingers adjust my backpack as I make my way over to the Slytherin table. Breakfast. I used to eat it with Moose all the time when we got to school. They always forced us to eat SOMETHING. This one kid got away with eating like a bite of toast and then going off to rehearsal. I usually just take a banana and Moose gets some egg and bacon thing. He'll take a bite and then sing, "Tastes like candy canes and Christmas,". Weird, I know. But it was always so damn funny!

   A cup of pumpkin juice is engulfed in my grip as I slide it across the table, sipping it gingerly. The table was covered in various breakfast items. I should re-phrase that and say WIZARD breakfast items. Yeah, let's just say it's not your normal cereal.... I scan the rest of the surface and find a banana bunch just a few benches down from me. The drawstring slides off my shoulders along with the pack as I stalk my way to the bananas. The one chosen by me is bright yellow with just a little bit of green at the stem, it's long too. A perfect banana. My mom used to give me lectures as a kid on how to pick the best fruits and veggies. They would have to be like this or that, this color, not that color, can't be bruised, and that sort of thing. Thanks Mom. Really.

   "Yum," The banana makes its way into my mouth as I press it to the roof of my mouth using my tongue to hold it there for a minute. Then, I let go and feel it slowly peel off, plopping right back onto my taste buds.