Chapter 12: Better Off Dead

A/N: Hey guys! So, I would like to say that my trip to the beach was so awesome and relaxing!!! :) Very very nice. Well, I made a long chapter for you guys because of the wait you all had to endure. I'm so sorry that I left you all hanging! But, hopefully this will make up for it. The song that inspired this chapter is by ZZ Ward and.... well, just listen to the song. :) This chapter is also dedicated to TaylorPreston9 because she is awesome!!!! :))) and one of my best friends!! :) 
Well, anyway, how about we get on to readin'. :) PLZZZZZZ let me know what you think in the comments. And feel free to leave some ideas or what you think should happen. I do like a lot of options to work with. :) I love you all! Hope you like this chapter! Oh, and don't worry, Kimber and Draco's relationship will get better.... I PROMISE. :))))

      -Jess

     Chapter Twelve

      Better Off Dead

      I've always liked rain. I love rainy days, the thunder storms that come with it, the puddles, the streaks in the sky left by the drops. It's calming to me, the pitter patter on the roof or against the window. I especially love it when it rains at night, the rhythm of the raindrops rocking me to sleep. Now, as I just lay there on the side of the curb, the rain came cascading down. The drops kissed my face, their warm lips feathering all throughout my cheeks. The night was dark except for the small street lamp on the other side of the abandoned street by the playground. My cheek stung, hurting when I pressed my hand to it. Ugh, that is definitely going to bruise.

      My head pounded against my skull as I tried to sit up, only to fall back down against the curb. My vision was acting up, eyes sore as I tried to move them around, my hand was granted with a huge gash that was bleeding out fiercely. Damn, that Death Eater who hit me... hit me HARD. I felt something warm drip down to my eyelid. It definitely was not rain. My fingers touched the area, coming back covered in warm sticky blood. I must've had a cut on my forehead as well. 

      "Son of a bitch," I muttered as I pulled myself up, slowly standing. Everything was moving, turning around me, everything was double. I was in no condition to apparate, knowing if I tried, I would most likely get splinched. The thought rattled my body. My clothes were wet, sticking to my body like a second skin making me feel uncomfortable. It made me feel heavy and weighed down. My only choice was to walk home, all seven blocks of it. See, if I wasn't in this condition it wouldn't seem like much... but now it's like I have to walk a thousand miles. If I could send a patronus to Draco, Moose, Luna, or my parents I would. But I can't concentrate on anything right now, my head hurt too much. 

      The rain was still coming down pretty hard as I started to walk, a new pain jolting up my leg. That's when I noticed a gigantic rip in my jeans, the skin scraped with road burn. My ankle throbbed when I put my weight on it. Biting on my lip, I continued walking, pain shooting up and down throughout my sore body. I will kill the bastard who did this if I ever find him.

      It takes me about an hour to get back to my house. I had to stop and rest multiple times to keep my legs from collapsing underneath me. Mum was in the kitchen along with Dad, who was drumming his fingers on the table. Mum stood at the counter, sipping tea in a worried manner, almost like she wanted to expect the worst. But when I came through the door, both came to my aid at once. My leg felt like it was on fire, the road burn stinging so badly that I wanted to scream. My head... I wanted to rip it off along with my ankle. Mum gasped at my wet, injured state. I was just glad that the rain was warm outside instead of cold, but I was shivering.