Chapter 11: Catch and Release

A/N: Hey guys! (waves) Well, this is the eleventh chapter in my story. I want to tell you all something... some bad news. I won't be writing any this whole next week because I will be on vacation with my sis and parents at the beach, so I want to relax. Not that this story stresses me out or anything, but... Anyway, I hope you guys liked the chapter. Let me know what you think in the comments! Please guys! I really really really LOVE it when you give me feedback. Oh, and I highly recommend listening to the song on the side. It's by Angels and Airwaves... they are AMAZING!!!! :) Okay, now...... LETS GET READIN'!!!!!

      - Jess

      Chapter Eleven

      Catch and Release

      My mother has never been the type to tackle me with a hug when I come back from some long trip or something, she is the type who will ask questions and babble on and on about some of her own experiences with school and such. Let me tell you that as soon as I walked into my house, she was right up to my face, her mouth moving a million miles a minute. It was so funny, even though I had only been gone for just a few weeks, I felt like it had been forever since I have been home. It was nice that I could just stay home for a few days to think. To be away from everything else, to just relax.

      "Are you listening to me, Kimber?" my mother said impatiently, taking my suitcase from my hands. 

      "Yes ma'am," I replied, snapping back into reality. That is when my father came around the corner of the hallway, in his hand the latest copy of The Daily Prophet. I had to bottle up my laughter. That was so like my father to always be reading the news on everything. Makes sense since he is a Death Eater. But he is the nicest father I could ever ask for, you would never be able to tell that he was working for the Dark Lord. He let me live the normal Muggle life for a long while because he thought it would be safer for me in case if he ever got into trouble with Voldy. Pretty smart of him, if you ask me. 

      "Hey, dad," I said, pulling him away from the headlines. His face brightened as soon as he looked at me.

      "There's my girl!" he placed the newspaper on the table and hugged me tightly, swinging me around in the air, laughter breaking through my lips. "Oh, your mother and I have missed you! How's school going?" his deep brown eyes were so full of warmth and comfort.

      "It's alright, I guess. I told the both of you that I made Slytherin, right?" both of their faces gleamed, their smiles showing through.

      "Oh, that's great, sweetheart!" my mother exclaimed, running her fingers through my hair. My father's face seemed to be proud. I couldn't bare to tell them my destiny now... not while they are so happy for me. It would break their hearts, especially my mother's. I'm her only daughter and knowing that I will die for two people I love (Draco and Scorp) would just crush her without a doubt.

      My face must've shown my debate within myself because my mother shook my shoulder lightly. "Are you alright, sweetie? You seem... I don't know... distant. What's going on?" her voice was filled with concern. My father's face then changed as I gave him a look. He knew. 

      "Nothing. sorry, I am just really worn out from school. I think I will go unpack. I'm just staying for a couple of days, nothing major," I grabbed my suitcase from my mother and headed to my room, tears filling my eyes. For a moment, I almost regretted coming because the fact that I will die seemed much more brutal now.

      Coming back into my room was comforting. It wasn't dark and evil looking like my dorm at school, but warm and welcoming. My suitcase found its spot on the floor next to my bed. My eyes landed on my pet in the corner cage, chirping and biting at the metal rods to get out.