Chapter 9: He Blames Himself

A/N: Waz up??? So, this next chap was a.... oh how do I put this... a challenge to write. (holds up hands to surrender) Don't ask why because I don't even know the answer. It just was. But, anyway, I finished it and started crying at the dream the Kimber had... it does get kind of... emotional. So for all you softies out there, you have been warned! So (claps hands and rubs them together) let's get down to it, shall we? I hope that this chapter was good. I don't really like it that much except for the ending. But leave a comment and tell me what you think. Seriously guys, I REALLY get motivated to write when you guys comment so please please do that! Okay, there is a picture and video on da side so check those out as well. Alrighty! Let's get readin'! ENJOY!!! :)

   -Jess   

      Chapter Nine

      He Blames Himself 

      Draco stayed with me for a while, just holding me in his arms as we both sat down in the hallway. We both were scared... it practically dripped from our bodies. I knew that if I wanted to stay alive, we would have to change our fates somehow. The only problem is that... we have no idea how the hell we could do that. My head was resting on Draco's shoulder as he cradled me in his arms, stroking my hair and placing soft kisses all over my face. It was complete bliss.

      "I won't leave you, Kimber. Ever," he kept saying. I did believe him. It just pained me to think that if we couldn't find out a way to stop our tragedy, then he would be living alone either with Scorpius, our son, or he would just be alone... with no part of me left behind for him to love.

      His arms encircled me with warmth as I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier. No... I can't fall asleep. I don't want to have any nightmares, I can't handle them anymore. I only fluttered my eyes closed and tried to regulate my breathing to make it look like I was asleep when really, I wanted to be up and dancing or something to take my mind off of the situation. I just didn't have the strength. I was tired and cold and worried about my death.

      It seemed to be just as horrible for Draco, I won't leave that out. It was written all over his face... the worry and pain. In a way, I felt guilty for even coming to Hogwarts, for meeting Draco, for having to put him through a terrible fate with me yet again. Another generation put underneath a tragedy. Maybe life was used to this... maybe it didn't care and just took it as another body to put in the ground only to be replaced with another person. My life would be buried in the ground, totally swiped away from the outside world. No one would even know who I was. They would just look at a tombstone and see my name, a couple of dates and a brief description. They would never know what I laughed or cried at, what I loved to do, the person I loved, they would never know my fate. They would never know ME. But Draco would. He would walk past that stone and know everything, but no one would know he knew me either. They would think he was some bystander who took enough time to glance at this one poor dead young woman's grave, possibly thinking of what her life was like. But that's the thing, he would be there with me in my final moments, he would see the life leave my eyes, hear my last breath, feel my warmth slip away. It all seemed too real. Draco would bring me flowers a vase, but I would never see them, he would bring Scorpius, but I would never hug him. I could only be there in their hearts. 

     "Draco," I whispered. 

      "Hm?"

      "What if I do die? What will you do then?" My voice cracked just thinking about my own tombstone. I wondered what Draco would engrave on it. Something sentimental, maybe sad, I don't know.