Chapter 20: Triggers

A/N: Hello my faithful readers! :) I thought you guys might enjoy me posting the chapter a bit early... so yeah... how about you guys let me know what you think in the comments box... just sayin' (wink). Oh, and if you want to see Kimber's Christmas Eve outfit, just copy and paste the link below. I highly suggest it, and maybe check out some of my other sets on Polyvore. :) Well, I won't bug you guys with a long note... I know you want to know what happens... so, LET'S GET READIN'! :) Enjoy!

      -Jess

http://www.polyvore.com/christmas_party/set?id=59112209#stream_box      

      Chapter Twenty

      Triggers

      "Oh, come on, Kimber!" Draco was shouting from down the massive stair case. Just a few minutes before he said that dinner would be ready to be served in just a little under ten minutes... that was seven minutes ago. He's been barking at me to come down the steps ever since the five minute mark. I was having some trouble choosing what to wear for the dinner, not wanting to wear anything too formal, but not too casual. Narcissa somehow talked me into wearing one of the ball gowns in my charmed closet, much to my dismay and protests. She reassured me that there would only be ballroom dancing tonight... something that I knew how to do just as well as street dancing. Even though I appalled the thought of twirling around in a... dress.

      It took us a few tries to find the absolute right dress for the occasion, Narcissa taking in a few with some charms to make them a tad bit longer or shorter, make them hug my curves, show more or less cleavage. We tried on some silver ones, but decided to save those for another occasion, some red... but then I thought that Draco would think me to be a Gryffindor, thus ruining the idea of me wearing a dress. So, in the end we settled with a Slytherin green silk chiffon Heidi dress with a V-neck and a hem that went down to about my knees. I paired that with some black lace tights and a pair of black flats with a neat bow at the toe. The jewelry was really simple, a silver leaf ring, and a snowflake necklace with a serpent bracelet. My hair I left down and wavy, the streaks brightened just a bit. Narcissa squealed as I turned to show her the finished product. By then we could hear Draco shouting up at us.

      "Okay, okay, Draco. Calm down, dear," Narcissa explained. "She will be down in just a minute."

      I hurriedly fluffed my hair one last time, clasping the necklace and slipping on the rest of the jewelry, adding in the last touch or some elegant diamond stud earrings. I heard Draco's shout again. "Mother, you said that five minutes ago! Come on! How long does it bloody take to get ready?!" Just as he finished his sentence, I came descending down the steps, his mouth silenced, eyes wide. 

      I gingerly kissed his cheek. "Sorry to keep you waiting." I really did mean it, I hated that he was shouting and all the sort for a few minutes. He smirked and softly kissed my lips.

      "That's alright. You look absolutely beautiful. Happy Christmas," he said, kissing my knuckles in a very gentleman like manner. I giggled at the cliche motion, but happily accepted. 

      "Thank you," I took in his usual black attire, the turtleneck, black jacket and trousers, tailored, and the black dress shoes that were always polished to perfection. "You don't look so bad yourself." That seemed to feed his ego. But I didn't really care.

      His smirk grew wider by the second as he offered his arm out to me, which I gladly took and followed him as he escorted me to the dining room where the dinner was already set up and ready to be eaten. Everything looked even more delicious than when we were making it, an array of entrees and sides that we baked lined to table along with special plates and glasses. Draco pulled out my chair for me, his smirk replaced with a smile as he sat down himself. Narcissa seated herself as the house elves snapped their fingers, our dinner literally blossoming onto our plates.