Chapter 6: Eternal Lovers... About Dang Time

It has been a few days since my last interaction with Draco... when he called Moose a Mudblood. That sent me over the edge, soul mates or not, I wanted to punch his face so badly. But just the throwing of the butterbeer was a nice touch on my part I thought. For some reason, I just couldn't bring myself to actually physically HIT him, I would feel too bad and he would probably never forgive me for it. I haven't really said anything to Moose either, he has been hanging out with Luna, which it totally fine, don't get me wrong. Personally, I wanted to be alone for those few days, just me and my thoughts in class. The only time I ever talked to Draco was during class... but that was for our Potions project, so it wasn't anything personal. Thank God... I wasn't even in the mood to talk to him in a serious conversation... not after what happened at the Three Broomsticks. Merlin, we have barely known each other for two weeks and he already knows all the things that absolutely piss me off to no end... and yet, I have no idea or recollection about anything when it comes to Draco's whereabouts. 

      Umbridge has been making us copy down tons of notes from the dumb little chalkboard at the front of the classroom and in the stupid textbook thing. I don't even have to THINK in her class anymore. It's like we are all mindless zombies that can't stop copying down pointless notes. We don't even use magic... or our wands for that matter. It was forbidden as Umbridge puts it. I would like for YOU to be forbidden from here! She only likes me because I am in Slytherin, but I still give her hell in every way that I can. Like I will do things that I know will tick her off. It's really fun, and a great distraction from the issue with Draco.

      "You will copy the approved text four times..." my quill was already scratching the parchment before she could finish her sentence. Draco was across from me, I could feel his gaze on me as I wrote the brainwashing info. Moose was sick today, I saw him in the Hospital Wing before class. Luna was there too. So I will be on my own for the rest of the week.... friend wise anyway. 

      This wasn't exactly how I wanted to see Draco again. Even in Potions he said nothing, he only stared. It was my turn to do most of the work today anyway, and I was glad. It helped me take my mind off of the situation that happened just a few days ago. Our Polyjuice potion was about half way done. By the looks of it, everyone else in the class was not even a quarter of the way finished. Then again, I have noticed that Draco is one excellent Potioneer. I am not too bad myself, as I have learned from working on this difficult potion.

      Draco had a very bored look on his face as he flipped through his potions textbook, smoothing out the pages so they creased. I have always loved that sound, the paper crackling as you slide your finger down the side to make a perfect fold. But when Draco does it, it is about ten million times better!

     I cursed myself for actually liking him again for a second. I replayed the conversation I had with him over the weekend in my head. I saw you with that Mudblood. I cringed at the word. It just sounded so..... awful and dirty. Moose was anything BUT awful and dirty. But I know the household Draco grew up in made him believe that Purebloods are the best and Mudbloods are just..... the scum underneath their shoes. Yeah, not exactly a topic I wish to speak with him about. It's obvious that we don't agree on that. He just keeps staring into his textbook...

      "I can't take this anymore," I murmur, quiet enough so that Draco wouldn't hear. This has to end, absolutely has too. I can't take being "mad" at him anymore. I stop stirring the potion, leaving it in a current for a few seconds while I slipped a piece of parchment from my robes, dumping my quill into the ink well next to my notebook.

      Meet me tonight, Black Lake, eleven o'clock. Don't be late.

      -Kimber Roberts