Chapter 4: Questions and No Answers

A/N: So guys, I told you that this chapter would be longer... well, I wanted to stop it short because I don't wanna confuse you guys with the plot by dumping everything on you all at once. I just gave you an answer to one question that Kimber had. Well, how about we get down to it. I will make the next chapter clear a few more things up, just give it time :) But, I don't like Draco in this chap, he is being a real git to Kimber, but their relationship will get better I promise :) Enjoy y'all!

- Jess

  My head was spinning like it would be if someone had twisted me around and around then let me go. My thoughts were jumbled, nothing made sense. My fingers were the first to open up from the dark abyss, spreading out, feeling around for something. Cotton. That's what they felt, cotton... cotton sheets. A fluffed up pillow was placed underneath my throbbing head, and yet it still felt dull. The mattress was lumpy and stiff. Geez, this can't be Heaven... it's too uncomfortable. My eyes forced themselves open, glancing around the room. Every movement I made my head would throb, thinking about anything made it want to explode.

   I stretched a hand up to my forehead, rubbing in cautious circles. I was wearing some striped pajamas, white and blue in color. They were comfortable... plain and simple. "Ow." I moaned, scrunching the bridge of my nose. It seemed to help a little bit, but the pressure was still too much to handle. Damn, how hard did I hit my head?

   A woman came out from a small office wearing some long dress with a white apron and some sort of hat thing. Madame Pomfrey, the nurse. Her face perked up when she saw me. "Oh, good! You're up!" She chirped, making my head pulse. I weakly smiled, not wanting to hurt her cheerful feelings. Wait a second, how did I end up here? I remember passing out in the common room, not in the Hospital Wing. Did someone carry me here? Ugh, I am thinking too much...

   I took another look around the room, finding my uniform folded neatly in the chair next to me, serving tray at the foot of the bed, and a clipboard with some notes scribbled on it. Madame Pomfrey came back with a goblet, a smile still on her face. I take it, loving the feeling of cold metal against my uncomfortably warm skin. The sides were already had some condensation appearing, the cold droplets running down to my fingers. I wipe the edges and rub my forehead with the liquid, feeling a bit cooler.

   "Drink up, deary. Oh, you have a visitor it looks like," She squeaks, patting the foot of the bed before disappearing into the office again. I saw a head of hair that was all to familiar. Moose. The liquid inside the goblet seemed to be fine... it didn't smell like anything though so hopefully it would just taste like nothing. I was right in a way. As soon as the concoction touched my dry tongue, it tasted of warm chocolate pie... my favorite dessert. 

   "Good, isn't it?" Moose stated, sitting next to me. I nodded and gulped back another mouthful.

   "It tastes like pie. So... good," I mumbled as the liquid pooled around my lips, my tongue catching the droplets. Moose simply smiled and patted my arm.

   "Well, it tastes different for everyone. For me it tastes like peach sorbet. Quite delicious if you ask me, the potion tastes like your favorite sweet... and no two people are the same for the taste test either," I only nodded, finishing the last swig much to my dismay.

   "Moose, did you carry me here?" I blurt out, the goblet disappearing as soon as the lip of the cup left my mouth. 

   Moose shook his head no, leaving my mind to race again. "No, I was told earlier that you were here but I had class and they wouldn't let me come see you since you weren't up yet. They wouldn't tell me who it was," he explained, shrugging his shoulders.

   "Moose, it was so weird. I like, totally lost all of my sanity. As soon as I got to the dorm I just saw these faces and heard voices screaming at me... It was like my brain was overloading," I gasped out, trying not to relive the confusion, the spinning...