15. A Masquerade Ball

Annie's POV

I lay in bed looking up at the ceiling. I can't sleep. I can't eat. I can't think......He's gone.

I feel Coco jump onto my bed and lay next to me cuddling up to my side. I hear a knock on my door and I quickly make sure I'm not crying.

"Come in." I say.

Bogo opens the door and sits at the edge of my bed. I sit up and hug my legs.

"Are you okay?" Bogo asks.

"I'm fine." No.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yes." No.

I can't let him know that I care for him that much. He was the son of the enemy, Bogo will flip out if he finds out I kissed him.

"I should've gone on my own." I say, "Everything would have been better that way."

"No, it wouldn't. You would've never come back." He says.

I just tuck my head into my legs.

"Miwa told me about you and him." He says.

I shoot my head up at him and he is just staring at the wall.

"I'm sorry." He says.

He stands up and walks out of my room. I lay back down and curse so much in my head.

Great. Just great. I am going to kill Craig and make him suffer, but I need to find out where he is.

I grab my phone and go through my contacts until I see her name. I press the call button and put the phone to my ear. It takes her fifteen seconds to answer.

"What do you want? It's 12:58 in the morning!" She groans.

"Can you come over today?" I ask.

"You're in town?" She asks.

"Yes." I answer.

"I'll be there at 9:00." She says.

"Ok." I respond.

"Now don't bother me for the rest of the night!" She yells and hangs up.

I smile and turn off my room light. I lay down and fall asleep.

***

"ANNIE!" I hear Allen yell in pain.

I jump out of bed and run down the stairs. He is on the ground gripping his leg. Standing over him is the one and only Nichole Anderson.

"What did he do?" I ask.

"He wouldn't stop talking." Nikkie answers.

"Of course." I roll my eyes.

"Allen!" Miwa yells and runs to him.

Steve comes down the stairs and sees Allen on the ground. He looks up at me then looks at Nichole.

"I don't even want to know." He says and heads to the kitchen.

Nichole watches him walk then looks back at me.

'He's hot!' She mouths to me.

Allen sees her mouth and doesn't waste a second.

"Steve! The girl thinks you're hot!" He yells.