16. Beauty Hurts

Annie's POV

"Why do you have to kill me!?" Allen groans.

"What do you mean?" Nichole asks.

"You guys are putting Miwa in so many dresses, it kills me!" He explains.

"Please keep your voice down, sir." The cashier says for the fifth time.

I could hear them from inside the changing stall where I am helping Miwa try on dresses for the ball.

"This dress is so itchy!" Miwa groans.

"Beauty hurts." I say and fluff out the bottom.

"That's why I wear pants all the time." She says.

"I like this dress." I say as she looks into the mirror.

She makes a disgusted face and I walk to the door. She is right behind me when I open it.

"I'm done." Allen says and gets off the white couch.

He walks out of the store and Nichole snickers. I stand in front of Miwa and cross my arms.

"Still not the right one." I say examining her dress.

"When are you getting dressed!?" She asks me, obviously frustrated.

"Me and Nikkie are working on something for me." I answer.

Miwa turns toward the dress racks and gasps. I look over her shoulder and see a black dress with a V-shaped chest part. It's long and sits on the floor a little.

"It's perfect!" She yells.

Allen walks in and sees Miwa staring at the dress. He just turns around and heads back outside.

Miwa runs to the dress and takes it off the racks. She runs into the changing room and shuts the door. I just watch her and smile.

"Nichole, your turn." I say not even looking at her.

"Me in a dress? Yeah, not happening." She says.

I look back and see her playing on her phone.

"Please?" I ask.

"Nope." She says.

"Then we will do this the hard way." I say and she looks up at me.

"Bring it." She taunts.

***

"So, now what did we learn?" I ask.

"That you're a total bitch." Nikkie says.

"I said now what did we learn." I say.

She rolls her eyes and looks in the mirror. She twists side to side examining the dress.

"I think this color looks great on you." I say.

She is wearing a dark blue dress with white and light blue diamonds on the top part.

"It's actually not a total disaster." She says.

I think that's the best I am getting out of her.

I open the door and we walk out. Steve's eyes widen and his mouth opens slightly. Miwa smiles widely and Allen is to busy staring at Miwa.

"And this is the mask." I say handing her a small box.

She opens it and pulls out the design of diamonds. She clips it around her head and looks up. The diamonds go over and around her eyes and lines of diamonds go down past her chin.