19. I Am Going To Kill You

Cody's POV

"Like it?" The lady asks me.

She spins my chair around so that I am looking in a mirror. The sides of my hair are trimmed and the top of my hair is still a little long.

"Yeah." I answer.

I stand up from the chair and turn around to see Craig.

"What?" I ask.

"You look older." He says.

He waves his hand for me to follow him. We walk out of the barber shop and head down the street.

"Aunt Claire is having a masquerade party and we are going to be attending it." He says.

"Aunt Claire? Since when was she a party thrower?" I ask putting on my sunglasses.

"She was happy about the agency that collapsed." He says.

It takes me a second to realize what he was talking about.

"I was working for them." I say.

"Really?" He asks.

"Yes, but Hun and his men took that place down." I'm confused.

"Your Aunt paid him and his men to take the place down. Hope you weren't to attached to anyone there." Craig says.

"You think?" I grit out.

Craig stops in his tracks and I see him reaching to his side. I stop and reach up to my gun. There is no one around........that's not good.

"You work for me now. Remember that?" He grits out.

I just want to shoot him. What am I waiting for?

"I do work for you." I say.

"Good, so shall we move on?" He says and starts walking again.

I follow behind him until I hear a car approach us. I look to my side and see a police car. Shit.

"Sir?" The police officer asks.

"Yes?" Craig's cold voice responds.

"Can I please see an ID?" The officer asks.

He steps out of his car and his eyes land on me instantly. I don't recognize him but it looks like he recognizes me.

"Can I see an ID for you as well?" He asks.

I pull out my wallet and look up at Craig as he chuckles.

"Get back in your car." Craig demands.

"Sir, I will once I see your ID's." The officer says.

"Get back in your car." Craig repeats as he pulls out a gun.

The officer is a step ahead and fires his gun first. Craig is shot in the arm and he drops his gun. I throw a knife at him and it knocks the gun out of his hands. I run down the sidewalk and Craig is right next to me.