Chapter 4

I watch the stars sparkle in the distance as Raphael, my younger brother is being created. I knew exactly why he was being made. Father was concerned for his new "Favorites" ugh. I don't think I can fake the niceties much longer. It was better when I was the only one here with him. He loved me then. Michael was in the Garden with Adam, and supervising as he named the animals for Father. Eve doesn't really do anything. She hasn't talked much since she got here. Besides the animals, she was the only other female. One of my feathers became less bright, blinked on and off a few times, and then fell off. It was a full gold color now, and I watched it drift off, towards the gate of the Garden. Somebody with bear legs and fair skin caught it. She walked it back over to me, and sat down. I looked her up and down, not really knowing what to say. I stared back at the stars. Her voice startled me. "Why do you hate Adam and I?" I continued looking at the stars. "I don't." The lie slid easily. She seemed to know I was lying, even though I barely shifted or moved when I said it. "It's okay, I feel like I don't belong here too." Ugh. "I did belong here, before you and fanzi showed up." She sounded hurt that I wouldn't say anything more to her, so she got up and left, leaving my feather on the ground. I whirled around when I heard the *clang* *clang* of a suit of armor. I see a tall figure with a complete set of it on, I'm guessing it was Raphael. He had a sword of fire sheathed at his side. He looked at me, then headed immediately down the stairs to the garden. I peered at Father. He smiles at me. I feel even worse now. As I look at the feather, I see that there are two small dots underneath it. Well, not dots, but seeds. Apple seeds. I am thrown into a bunch of confusing theories of why she would leave apple seeds with me. Not being able to figure it out, I walk down the stairs to try and find her. I can see Raphael's sword glistening in the distance. I heard both Michael and Raphael's voices in my head. I wasn't paying that much attention to them. I hear somebody calling my name, it sounded odd coming from anybody but Father. "Lucifer!" "Over here!" I looked to where the voice was emanating from, and I saw Eve. I rolled my eyes, already tired of whatever game she was playing. "Why did you leave me apple seeds?" I say, demanding that she tell me before I walk any closer. She points down at her feet, and there is a small hole there. Even more confused, I sigh in agitation, finally realizing what she wants. "You know tending the garden is Adam's job, right Eve?" She shakes her head at me. "Can't I just do this once?" "I'm tired of Adam taking all the attention." I walk closer to her. "You and me both sista." I hand her one of the seeds, as I plant the other. "It's going to be your job that this tree makes it to adulthood Eve." I tell her, matter-of-factly. She nods, smiling. She turns and runs to the river, at the east side of the Garden. I hear footsteps behind me and somebody puts a hand on my shoulder. My Fathers voice sounds proud. "I'm glad to see you finally getting along with your sister, Lucifer." I stare into the woods, where Eve disappeared. I could not think of a reason of why Eve needed my help for this. I'm no gardener nor planter of seeds. Am I?