The Beginning of Everything

Ruru had just gotten home from Encantadia taping, when he heard three, soft knocks on the main door of his condo unit in Quezon city. 

At first, he thought that it would be his PA, handing a personal belonging that he had forgotten in his van, but little did he know that the person behind the door was someone more important, someone he had longed to see. 

"Kylie?" He uttered the moment he saw her signature, light brown locks. He knew that he couldn't be wrong at his guess, that sounded more like a statement.

When the person looked up to meet his eyes, he hadn't made a mistake. It was indeed her. 

But her eyes were bloodshot, a concrete proof that she had spent the last, few hours crying and she was.. barefoot. 

"Ky, anung nangyari?" Ruru said, concern thick and evident in his voice. "Bakit ka umiiyak at bakit wala kang suot na sapatos? Ano bang nangyari?"

Still, there was no response. 

Suddenly, Ruru did what he thought was the right thing to do in that very situation. 

He took one step towards her and embraced her gently, her six month baby bump not distracting him at all. 

"Umiyak ka lang." Ruru whispered. "Wag kang mag-alala. Nandito lang ako para sa'yo."

--

When Kylie was in a calmer state, Ruru had offered her a glass of milk that she politely drank in his living room. 

She had looked so drained earlier, that the latter was worried for her and the baby. The least he could do was give her something that could benefit them both.

"Ky, ano bang nangyari?" Ruru asked, as soon as the both of them were settled on the couch. 

Kylie felt some sort of hesitation at first, but she knew that she could trust him. Of all the guys that she had met and gotten close with in her 24 years of existence, she knew that Ruru was different. The good kind of different.

"Ru.. wala na kami ni Aljur." She admitted, trying to stop herself from getting into another crying fit. "We're done. Him and I."

"Ano?" was the first word that came out of Ruru's mouth. 

He couldn't believe his ears. He longed for this to happen (even if it was wrong), but he didn't expect that it would actually come true. 

"I'm too tired to go into the details, but please. Sana, atin atin lang 'to. I don't want anyone to know, kahit sina Gabbi, Sanya at Glaiza." Kylie said. "Please, mangako ka."

"Kailan ba kita binigo?" Ruru said, to which the former responded with a very, faint smile. 

"Thank you.."

Ruru was so tempted to embrace her once more, to assure her that everything was going to be alright, but he knew Kylie too well. He knew that his embrace wouldn't change the way she felt right now. She needed some to think.. to be alone.

"Ky, wag ka na munang umuwi sa inyo. Dumito ka nalang muna. I mean, dito ka nalang magpalipas ng gabi." Ruru said. "Hindi makakayanan ng konsensiya ko kung may mangyari sayong masama. Sa inyo ng baby mo." He added. 

"Wala naman akong gagawin bukas, kaya pwede kitang ipagluto ng breakfast kahit simple lang. At saka, yung kwarto ko.. dun ka nalang muna. Dito nalang ako sa sofa matutulog."

Kylie was more than touched at the hospitality that Ruru was showing to her. She didn't know why her feet had led her here, but somehow, it felt as if she was at the right place at the right time. 

"Sige na, magpahinga ka na. Bukas.. mag-usap uli tayo." Ruru said. 

Before Kylie could completely get into Ruru's bedroom, she stopped by the doorway and looked at him. 

"Magpahinga ka na rin." She added, and showed him another faint, but genuine smile. She was thankful that she had him. So thankful. 

As soon as the door to his bedroom had been closed, Ruru remained on the sofa and ran his fingers through his hair. He was trying to fathom what had just happened. 

The situation was just so surreal. 

"Ano ba 'to.. ano bang nangyayari.. naguguluhan na talaga ako." He said, slowly lying down.

Tomorrow, he was going to get answers and he hoped that they would be good ones.