Past is Past

Despite feeling happy over the fact that everything in her life was starting to fall into place, Kylie knew that she had to settle one more thing before she could finally say that she was genuinely happy and at peace.

She needed to talk to Gabbi. She wanted to make sure that there was no need to burn bridges, after everything that had happened, because that wasn't what she wanted, and she hoped that, deep inside, that was what Gabbi wanted too. 

Kylie knew that so much had been said and done, but she also knew that it was never too late for healing and reconciliation between the both of them. After all, their friendship was never bitter to begin with. Several circumstances had only brought them to that. 

"Ate Ky?" Gabbi said, as soon as she had seen a very pregnant Kylie walk into the girls' quarters of the Encantadia set. 

They were on their last taping week already, and Gabbi was more than shocked to see her former co-star, hopefully not former friend, walk into the set considering that the return of Amihan was not written in the script for their finale week. 

But Gabbi didn't pay much attention as to whether or not this meant that Kylie would return to the show. She paid more attention to what she needed to do in this moment and that was to ask for forgiveness. 

As she stood up from her actor's chair, Gabbi was hesitant to give Kylie a hug even if that's what she wanted to do, even if she knew that that simple hug wasn't enough to make up for how crappy she had been towards the very person who understood her and accepted her for who she really was. 

Kylie could sense the hesitance in her, so she did the most Amihan-like gesture in this situation. She walked towards Gabbi and hugged her first

This had made the latter sob in an instant. 

"Ate Ky, I'm sorry. I'm sorry sa lahat ng ginawa ko sa'yo." Gabbi said, in between sobs. "Pinagsisisihan ko na ang lahat. Sorry... sorry talaga."

Kylie gently broke off the hug and wiped the latter's tears away with her hands. 

"Matagal na kitang pinatawad, Gab. Even before this very moment, you've already been forgiven." She said. "I made that choice not because it's the right thing to do, but because I understand you... and I will always love you as my friend and sister... as the Alena to my Amihan." She added.

"Alam kong nasasaktan ka dahil sa nangyayari sa amin ni Ruru, and to be honest, I hate that we're the one causing you this pain because we're your friends and Ruru was and still is the love of your life. I know that." Kylie explained, as memories of those heart-to-heart conversations with Gabbi came running through her mind again. 

"Kung pwede ko lang turuan ang puso ko, Gab, I would've done it in a heartbeat. But the thing is... I can't and I'm sorry. I really really am."

"Ate Ky, hindi mo namang kailangang mag-sorry, dahil wala kang kasalanan. Kayong dalawa ni Ruru." Gabbi replied. "Hindi ko lang talaga matanggap na tapos na kami, dahil ang buong akala ko, maaayos pa namin ang lahat. But I guess I have to accept the fact that some relationships don't deserve a second chance and that God has His reasons for it." She added. 

"Sa totoo lang, ate Ky, hiyang hiya ako sa'yo pagkatapos ng ginawa ko sa baby shower. Siguro naman sinabi sa'yo ni Ruru ang lahat." Gabbi said. "As much as I want to take everything back, I can't, and I will forever be ashamed of myself for putting you and the baby in harm's way."

"Gab, let's just put all those painful memories behind us." Kylie said, trying to comfort Gabbi in the best way that she can. There was no use in bringing up what has already happened, after all. Most of the parties involved had already moved on from it, and Kylie believed that Gabbi needed to the same as well. 

"I know you're a good person, Gabbi. Heartbreak just turned you into someone you're not." Kylie explained, as she held both of the latter's head. "Gab, it's never too late to turn back into that sweet and thoughtful girl we all knew before this whole fiasco. I know she's in there somewhere, so bring her back. We all miss her already."

Gabbi responded with a faint smile and nodded. Her Ate Kylie was right. That Gabbi needed to make a comeback. She needed to rise up from drowning in her sorrows and prove that she was a woman capable of changing for the better. 

"Ate Ky, thank you. For the love and for the forgiveness." Gabbi said. "Ikaw nga talaga si Amihan." She added, causing a smile to form in both of their faces. 

"And without a doubt, ikaw nga talaga si Alena." Kylie responded, and once again, they found each other in a sisterly embrace. 

This entire scene had been witnessed by Ruru from afar, and without a doubt, this had brought so much joy to him.

Indeed, moments like this were priceless, where the good triumphs over the evil and where love does fix everything... even a friendship that was thought to be damned because of the circumstances thrown at it. 

Just like Amihan and Alena, Kylie and Gabbi found themselves falling for the same guy. This had taken a toll on their sisterhood, but in the end, they were both mature enough to accept the things that they could and could not change. 

Even if Gabbi was still hurting from finally setting Ruru free, she knew that it was the right thing to do and that in itself was enough for her to conclude that she was going to be okay.