His Secret Letter of Love

While Ruru was busy taping for Encantadia, Kylie decided to be productive in her own little way.

Truth be told, the latter had no intention of staying in his condo for long, but Ruru insisted that she did, while the conflict between her and Aljur was still so fresh.

"Pwede kang manatili dito hanggang kailan mo gusto." She remembered him say. "Basta.. kung may kailangan ka, i-text o tawagan mo ko, okay?"

Kylie was feeling more than embarrassed to have dragged Ruru towards the mess that is her life, but the way he was so persistent in being there for her, in providing for her needs as well as the babies', was just too adorable for her to say no to.

Besides, he was just being a good friend. Well that's what Kylie wanted to believe.

Despite the fact that her back was starting to ache because of how heavy her baby bump was, Kylie continued sweeping the floor in Ruru's room.

She had originally intended to write a blog entry on his laptop (which he gladly offered to her before he left), but she just wasn't in the right mood to, so she decided that maybe cleaning would do the trick.

At first, she found it enjoyable, though there wasn't much that she needed to tidy up in Ruru's condo, but after a while, her son had started kicking her in a subtle manner and that was when she paused for a moment and sat on the edge of Ruru's bed.

"Ano ba naman, anak. Talagang ayaw mong mag-trabaho si mommy ha." Kylie said, rubbing her belly gently. "Sige na, anak. Pagbigyan mo na 'ko. I really want to be productive, you know. I can't just be a pain in the ass to your Tito Ruru. Mahiya naman tayo sa kanya."

It was as if Kylie's unborn son had completed understood his mom's sentiments after that. He no longer kicked nor moved in her belly, and allowed her to do as she wanted.

"Thank you, anak. I love you." Kylie smiled.

Just when she was about to continue sweeping, Kylie noticed a little, brown box that was peeping among the things in the lower compartment of Ruru's television rack.

Much to her curiosity, Kylie moved towards it and held it in her hands.

"Things I'll Never Say", it wrote.

Kylie didn't want to open the box, but she did and she was startled at the very first thing that she saw upon opening it; an unsealed envelope with her full name on it.

Kylie Nicole.

The latter sat down on the edge of Ruru's bed and opened the envelope. It was there that she had seen a folded bondpaper with his cursive all over it.

Ruru had written her a letter.

"Dear Ky,

Kamusta ka na? Grabe, parang kailan lang, ang awkward pa natin nung sinabi ni Direk na magiging loveteam daw tayo sa Encantadia, ngayon.. magkaka-anak ka na.

Hindi ko itatanggi na nakaramdam ako ng selos at galit nang marinig ko ang balitang buntis ka.

Nagalit ako dahil alam kong marami ka pang gustong marating sa buhay, marami ka pang nais puntahan, ma-experience, kasama ang mga mahal mo sa buhay, pero dahil sa sitwasyon mo ngayon, maaaring hindi mo na muna magagawa ang lahat ng 'yun.

Nagselos ako dahil.. nais ko sanang mas makilala ka pa higit sa isang ka-trabaho, sa isang kaibigan, pero alam kong hindi na pwede dahil may mahal ka ng iba.

Hindi ko alam kung kailan ba nagsimula 'to. Kung kailan ba talaga ako nahulog sa'yo. Pero naalala ko ang gabing, tayong dalawa nalang ang nasa set ng Enca kasi kakatapos lang nating mag-shoot ng isang Ybramihan scene, at bigla mo kong niyakap at nagpasalamat sa pagiging isang mabuting kaibigan sa'yo.

Sa totoo lang, dun ko naramdaman na bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko. Na kahit magdamag pa tayong mag-yakapan, okay lang basta ikaw ang niyayakap ko.

Pero ayun. Minsan, may ibang plano para sa atin ang tadhana at kahit masakit, kailangan kong tanggapin na kahit kailan, ay hindi ka magiging akin.

Siguro, dapat makuntento nalang ako sa pagiging isang kaibigan sa'yo. Mas okay na 'yun kaysa sa isang co-star, isang "somebody that you used to know", kumbaga.

Pero Ky, this is the first and last time na sasabihin ko 'to sa'yo. At mas makakabuti na rin siguro na hindi mo rin mababasa 'to dahil ayokong maging kumplikado ang lahat.

Mahal kita. Mahal na mahal. Hindi bilang si Amihan, pero bilang si Kylie.

Ruru"

Tears immediately ran down Kylie's face upon reaching the end of his letter. It pained her that Ruru was going through all of this because of a stupid and reckless decision that she made when she was blinded by love.

Kylie knew that through out the course of her stint as Amihan on Encantadia, she was starting to get confused on what was real and reel for her and Ruru.

After takes, he'd come over and offer her some food. He'd sit next to her, talk to her, and she'd just feel that she was in good hands.

But then Aljur came into the picture, and he was the jealous type. He felt threatened about Ruru's presence and emotionally blackmailed Kylie into avoiding him, and acting as if he was just another one of her celebrity friends, when that really wasn't the case.

Kylie regretted giving in to most of what Aljur had asked of her, and she could only wish that when the timing was right, it wouldn't be too late for her and Ruru.

In that moment, she got her phone from her pocket and called him.

After three rings, he finally picked up.

"Hello? Ate Ky? Bakit napatawag ka?"

Gabbi.