Heart-to-Heart

A hug full of longing and happiness was what Sanya had given Kylie the moment they had arrived at the Madrid residence. 

"Nandito ka lang pala. Alalang alala kami sa'yo." The former said, as soon as they had broken off the hug. 

"Pasensya na't, nagtago ako for the first few days. I just didn't want the whole situation to be such a big deal." Kylie explained. "At ayoko ring maging sakit sa ulo sa inyo. Alam ko namang napaka-busy ninyo with taping and everything."

"Ano ba, Ky. Wag mo ngang sabihin 'yan." Rocco said, as he and Ruru stood by the doorway of the guest room. "Kahit na anung mangyari, nandito lang kami para sa'yo. At ikaw? Sakit sa ulo? Never."

Kylie smiled faintly in reply. She couldn't deny that the genuine friendship that Rocco and Sanya were giving to her was indeed a source of comfort and assurance, that she wasn't facing all these horrendous trials, alone. 

"Thank you ha. Thank you talaga." Kylie responded, as she gently squeezed Sanya's hands. 

"Um, boys?" The latter cleared her throat. "Pwede niyo ba kaming iwan muna? May pag-uusapan lang kami." She added.

Rocco and Ruru nodded in reply, then left the room after a few minutes. 

When Sanya felt that the coast was clear, she looked at Kylie with eyes full of concern, full of questions that needed answers. She didn't want to overwhelm her friend though, she just wanted to know where Kylie was heading from here and if there was some way, that she could be of help to her. 

"Ky, ano na ang plano mo ngayon?" Sanya started. "Babalikan mo pa si Aljur? At kayo ni Ruru... ano 'to? Seryoso na ba 'to?" She added. 

Kylie sighed in reply. 

"To be honest, San, medyo naguguluhan pa talaga ako sa sitwasyon ko ngayon. I mean, when I really think about it, ang stressful. Parang manganganak ako ng wala sa oras." She said, trying to poke fun at the situation she was in. 

"But one thing's for sure. Ayoko ng bumalik kay Aljur. I just... ayoko munang pag-usapan. It's enough that you know he's out of the picture."

"At si Ruru?" Sanya asked. "Ky, baka naman... baka naman panakip butas lang siya."

Kylie's forehead creased in reply. 

"Hindi siya panakip butas, San. He will never be a panakip butas." She said. "This is exactly why I didn't want you guys to know about him and me... about us. Because I know na sa mga mata ninyo, mali ang ginagawa namin. Mali na pumapatol ako sa iba kahit buntis ako." She added, her mood suddenly shifting from being calm to extremely upset. 

She couldn't just blame her sudden mood shift to the "crazy pregnancy hormones" that were acting up. Pregnant or not, Kylie would still be this affected, if someone dared to question what she felt about Ruru and what they were in each other's lives. 

Kylie knew that Sanya was just concerned about her welfare, about their welfare, but she loved Ruru too much to care about anything else.

"Ky, hindi ko naman sinasabi na mali ang ginagawa mo. Ang sa 'kin lang, gusto kong mag-ingat ka. Ayokong mapahamak ka... kayong dalawa ni Ruru, dahil mga kaibigan ko kayo at mahal ko kayo ng sobra sobra." Sanya explained.

"Masaya ako na magkasama kayo, na hindi niyo na kailangang itago sa isa't isa ang tunay na nararamdaman ninyo. Pero paano si Aljur? At paano si Gabbi?" She added. 

"Ky, hanggang ngayon, umaasa pa rin siya na magkakabalikan sila ni Ruru. Paano kung malaman niya na... na may nangyayaring ng ganito sa inyong dalawa? Alam mo naman siguro na naghihinala na siya, di ba."

"Mula noon, I already felt that Gabbi was threatened by me. Alam mo 'yun." Kylie admitted. "But I didn't act on my feelings for Ruru because I put her first, because I put our friendship first."

"It was so difficult for me to act like he didn't matter when all I wanted was to talk to him, to laugh with him, to just... be with him. And yes, I admit na ang tanga tanga ko dahil nakipagbalikan pa ko kay Aljur, but can't you see, San? I'm trying to make things right here. And I'm not doing this because I feel guilty for hurting Ruru, I'm not doing this because my baby needs a father, I'm doing this because I love him. I love him so much, and  I know that he deserves the love that I deprived him of."

As Kylie said this, tears rolled down from her eyes. Her situation with Ruru always made her emotional. 

That's when she knew that he really mattered, because Kylie never cried over the things that meant less, she always cried over the things that made her feel something... the things that undeniably, meant more.

"Mahal mo talaga siya." Sanya said, as tears rolled down her eyes as well. "Sana talaga, eto na. Sana talaga, kayo na." She added, holding both of Kylie's hands. 

"Pero kailangan niyo talagang magkaroon ng plano. I mean, hindi naman pwede na magtago ka nalang forever." 

Kylie nodded in reply as she wiped the tears away.

"Within this week siguro, I'm going to talk to Aj. I'm going to tell him na... ayoko na." She said. "But at the same time, I'm also going to assure him that he's still the father of my baby, and that I'm willing to go the extra mile para lang lumaki ang anak namin na kilala yung totoong tatay niya."

"At si Gabbi?" Sanya asked.

"She's more of Ruru's concern, and I just hope that he can handle her." Kylie said. 

Feeling convinced at Kylie's answers, Sanya decided to lighten the situation by bringing up a possible baby shower. 

Despite having limited knowledge about it, the latter was also "willing to go the extra mile" just to make her friend feel excited about the baby on the way.

Little did she know that the baby shower she had planned wouldn't be as enjoyable as she thought, for it would be the perfect venue for a certain pair to wreck havoc.

Oh Sanya, be prepared. Be very prepared.