The Pleading Ex

"Ang ganda ng smile ng Rama ng Sapiro ah."

Buboy Villar, one of Ruru's closest friends and fellow Encantadia co-star, said as soon as the latter had arrived on the set. 

"Ano? Nakabili ka ba ng bagong game sa PS4 o.. naka-score ka kay Kylie?" Buboy guessed, wiggling his eyebrows full of malice. 

"Hoy, sira." Ruru replied, as he laid down his things on his designated spot in the boys dressing room. 

Among his co-stars, Buboy was the one who knew about Ruru's real feelings towards Kylie. All it took was one night with loads of alcohol and a newfound brotherhood that was definitely for keeps. 

Despite this though, Ruru swore to Kylie that he would not tell anyone about her current situation and the fact that she was staying in his condo. 

There were just too many eyes and ears on set that would bring even more drama to Kylie's life and Ruru didn't want that at all. 

"Tama na nga 'yan. Mag-ready ka na. Ikaw yung starring sa next scene oh." Ruru said as he directed Buboy's attention to the yellow paper filled with the order of scenes to be shot today. "Mamaya na tayo mag-usap baka mapagalitan ka pa ni Direk."

"Ah suuus. Mamaya ha!" Buboy said, and then he was off. 

Just as Ruru was starting to unload his bag, he felt someone walk behind him. 

The Dolce & Gabbana scent was a giveaway, and right then and there, he knew who it was. 

Gabbi.

"Hi, Ru." She said, quite unsure of how she'd approach him. 

It had always been this way ever since they broke up, just a few days after her debut. They were painfully awkward behind the cameras, but they had to act as if everything was okay as soon as they were rolling.

Gabbi tried to rekindle what was left of their relationship, but Ruru had already moved on from her. He could no longer take almost two years of irrational jealousy that would lead to verbal fights, eventually causing them to break up later on. 

"Tinatawagan kita kagabi kasi lumabas kami nila Kuya Rocco, pero unattended yung phone mo." Gabbi said. "May nangyari ba? You know you can always tell me."

"Thank you sa concern, pero wala naman, Gab. Okay lang ako." Ruru replied. "Um, excuse me.. magbibihis na ko."

"Ru, wait." Gabbi said as she gently held unto his arm to prevent him from leaving. "Sana naman ma-appreciate mo yung mga efforts ko. I know that we didn't end things right, pero mahal kita. Mahal pa rin kita. At hindi  ko itatanggi na hanggang ngayon, umaasa pa rin ako na we can fix things.. na we can get this right the second time." She added.

"Ru," Gabbi said, positioning herself in front of him so she could touch the sides of his face. "Kaya pa naman natin di ba? I don't think there's anyone else in the picture."

As Gabbi said this, Ruru instantly thought of Kylie and how much she needed him right now. 

He couldn't entertain the possibility of getting back together with her, because aside from the fact that it was a lot of work physically and emotionally, Kylie was one of his priorities right now, aside from his career and family. 

To him, she mattered more than Gabbi.

"Gab, thank you dahil hindi mo sinukuan ang naging relasyon natin, pero sa ngayon, mas gusto kong maging magkaibigan nalang tayo." Ruru said. "Masyado kasing naging kumplikado ang mga buhay natin nung mag-boyfriend at girlfriend pa tayo." He added. 

"Mahal pa rin naman kita eh.. pero bilang isang kaibigan nalang. Bilang isang matalik na kaibigan." 

"Gab, ayokong makipagbalikan sa'yo dahil naaawa ako. Gusto kong makipagbalikan dahil mahal kita. Pero hindi na yun ang nararamdaman ko at ayokong magsinungaling sarili ko. Lalong lalo na sa'yo."

Tears rolled down from Gabbi's eyes as Ruru said this. The truth did hurt her, and it hurt her really bad. It was a good thing that it was only the both of them in the boys dressing room when this heartbreaking moment was happening.

"Hayaan mo nalang muna ako, Gab. Hayaan mo kong mabuhay nang wala ka. Hayaan mo rin ang sarili mo na mabuhay nang wala ako dahil alam kong kaya mo. Marami ka namang mga kaibigan na nagmamahal sa'yo at alam kong.. alam kong may bagong nanliligaw sa'yo. Si Kahlil."

"Pero ikaw pa rin, Ru.."

"Gab, sige na. Gawin mo 'to dahil ito ang mas makakabuti sa'yo at sa ating dalawa." Ruru said. "Sige na, mauuna na ko." 

As Gabbi watched Ruru go, the heartbreak that she felt that night when they broke up seemed like it had only happened yesterday. 

But despite that, she still wasn't going to give up. She was going to do everything in her power for Ruru to come running back to her again, because Gabbi wasn't born to be a loser. She was a fighter.

"Babalik ka rin sa akin, Ruru. Babalik ka rin."