Everything's fine

Knock knock.

Jungkook contemplated whether or not he should let her come in. It was already 2:30am and she had just gotten in from hanging out with Namjoon.

Fucking Namjoon. Why did she have to pick him of all people to be her best friend. But then again, good looking people tend to stick together right? And would it REALLY be a surprise if she chose Namjoon over him? Nah not really. Teagan clearly still looked at him as her little brother and nothing else.

But that moment in the shower mad him feel like he had really shown her what he was about. He wanted her. He always had. She had been there for him when he was learning English and had even taken the time to learn a little bit of Korean just to make him feel more comfortable. It was simple things like 'hello', 'are you okay' and 'are you hungry', things he knew in English already, but it was the thought that counted.

He knew he had loved her since he was just a kindergartner, of course he had only seen her as his older sister back then, not really understanding why his heart would race and his mind would go blank when she hugged him, but he knew he loved her. He knew it was more than just sibling love when she had started bringing friends home from school, sometimes girls, sometimes boys. It was when the boys came that he would feel some type of way.

When she told him she had her first boyfriend, Jungkook felt sad, defeated. His young mind thought that they would be together forever and that he didn't have a chance with her, but the relationship didn't last long. The boy had moved away around their third month and Jungkook couldn't be happier.

About a year later she had a new boyfriend, this one a football player. He was tall, with broad shoulders, extremely smart and very good looking. He was like every parents dream boyfriend for their daughters, but he was also possessive and would often get mad and jealous any time Teagan was with another guy. He would frequently spam her with texts asking where she was and who she was with. More often than not, she was always with himself, Hobi or Namjoon.

Namjoon.

He was truly the only person who made Jungkook feel insecure about his feelings for Teagan and that was simply because Jungkook knew that her first kiss was not the football player.

No.

Her first kiss was with Namjoon back when they were in kindergarten. Of course that didn't really count but their second kiss, shared on the playground in the rain after she had found out that the football player was fucking some cheerleader, surely did count.

Namjoon had found her crying on one of the swings, her entire body soaking wet from being out in the rain for so long. He had consoled her, tried to convince her to go home, but she wouldn't budge. Not when her entire world was falling apart. Namjoon had held her and allowed her to soak his already soaking wet shirt with her tears, assuring her that it would be alright because she didn't need that guy when she had him and Hobi.

Teagan had asked him what was wrong with her, why she wasn't good enough, why he would choose such a slut over her. She did all the right things, got good grades, volunteered, gotten a job, saved herself for the right guy but it wasn't enough. After a while she had stopped crying, but stayed cradled in Namjoon's arms, listening to the soft drizzle that had become the rain at this point and enjoying the soft circles he was rubbing in her back.

"Namjoon, would you wait for me?" She had asked him after a moment of silence.

"What do you mean?"