Boystown

To say that things had changed between Teagan and Jungkook was an understatement. The two had practically become inseparable and while most thought the sibling bond was quite adorable, there was one person who didn't quite enjoy having the younger sibling tagging along every time he wanted to spend time with his best friend.

Namjoon was frustrated and fed up.

Sure, it might have been bearable if Jungkook wasn't so damn overbearing when it came to Teagan. He couldn't show her any of his usual affection without the younger boy giving him the evil eye. Hell, if you didn't know better you'd say he was acting like she was his girl or something.

His mind danced around the idea for a moment before he has to shake his head a little to shake the thought away as he sat at the stoplight before the car behind him was honking impatiently for him to go. Namjoon wasnt even in the mood to fight with impatient drivers like he usually was, his mind completely on his best friend and how he felt like he hadnt talked to her in months when it really hadn't been that long. Two weeks at the most.

"Call Teagan," Namjoon mumbled to his car that answered back almost immediately, the dial tone soon sounding throughout the interior of his car as the younger female was called.

"Hey! Joonie, what's... up?" She answered on the fourth ring, sounding slightly off but he couldn't quite place his finger on it.

"Hey Tea. Are you busy today? I wanna hang out with you!"

There was a sound on the other end that Namjoon couldn't quite place, his ears perking up curiously but just as quickly as it had come, it was gone. Soon enough he heard the young woman's voice sounding throughout his car again as she mumbles, "Um.. what did you wanna do?"

"I wanna go out! We haven't hung out in a while and it could be good for us both to let off some steam."

Another pause had Namjoon's curiosity nagging at the corners of his mind; was she really that busy over the summer that she couldn't spare at least a little time to hang with her best friend? His fingers gripped the wheel a little harder and his teeth bit down on his lower lip in an effort to hold his tongue as he awaited her answer.

One second.

Two.

Three.

Four— Ok what the fuck?

Just when he was about to say something, he heard her voice again. "Sure, Joonie! Wanna pick me up in like an hour?"

He silently let out a breath of relief, smiling to himself as she sounded genuinely excited. "See you in an hour, beautiful."

"So where are we going?" Teagan asked, her bare feet propped up on the dashboard of Namjoon's car. They were cruising down the busy streets of the downtown area, the hustle and bustle of Chicago nightlife all around them. There were college kids home from school, high schoolers who just wanted to be out late, adults doing whatever adults did. It was always so refreshing to be back in the city. Namjoon turned down another street and the abundance of rainbow flags and such told her exactly where they were.

Boystown.

Boystown was notorious for its thriving nightlife with its many bars and places to eat. But besides that, Boystown was notorious for being the neighborhood for the gays and people who wanted to be unadulteratedly themselves.

"Boystown, huh?" Teagan chuckled. "What are you, a whole straight male doing in Boytown?"

"First of all, Im not straight, how dare you?" Namjoon stressed with a smack of his lips and a roll of his eyes, glancing over to her briefly as he came to a stop at a red light. "I've just.. not met any guys who really floated my boat.