Names And Daydreams

(Chris's P.O.V)

As I was walking down to see my new neko I was approached by one of my younger maids. "Pardon me Master Motionless, but I've something to share with you about your new girl." I stopped and bade her to continue. "Well sir, she was speaking more this morning and she told me something that might make her a bit less afraid of you. She spoke about how much she missed simply being in the sun and just falling asleep in the grass." I smiled and thanked the young lady and continued down the steps to the servant's quarters. As I walked into the room I could see my little girl gazing out the window, I chuckled drawing her attention. She immediately looked away from the window and down at her lap. She fiddled with her hands as I walked closer and sat on the bed. "Good morning little one, now it occurred to me that you've yet to tell me your name. I was curious if you'd want to tell me what to call you?" The young lady peered through her auburn bangs and mumbled simply. "Gwendolyn...Or Gwen if you want Sir." I smiled at her and commented. "What a beautiful name you have!" She blushed and I could almost see her try to grin. When her attempted smile faded I gently put my hand on top of her head. She flinched sharply but didn't pull away, perhaps in fear of some form of punishment. I cooed at her and rubbed her ears in a comforting way. She looked up at me with surprise and ever so slowly she leaned into my touch. I had to contain my excitement when she let out a rough sounding purr. It sounded even unfamiliar to her, her purr became more prevalent as she leaned even closer to me. "Oh what a darling kitten you are Gwendolyn!" I exclaimed, slightly too loud I suppose as poor Gwen jumped in her place. I chuckled and clicked my tongue at my little kitty. As I continued to pet and stroke her ears I inquired. "So little one, a maid has told me about a desire of yours." Her right ear twitched as she looked to me with almost hopeful eyes. "I'd like to fulfill your little dream my darling, the grounds around my mansion are quite beautiful. As long as someone as small as you stays out of the woods, today however I'd be honored to take you around the grounds myself this afternoon." I couldn't describe the amount of joy I saw spread over Gwen's face, all too quickly the sweet look faded as she looked to her lap. "But Sir, my leg is still broken. I can not walk..." I chuckled and patted her head gently. 

"Not a problem, if you'll let me carry you that is?" She hesitated for a moment before raising her two shaky, stick thin, arms up to me. "I couldn't contain an 'awe' at her motion. I scooped up my darling kitten, being sure to keep her casted leg elevated; almost all the way up on my shoulder. As I carried her out of the servant's quarters I saw she had an almost childlike grin plastered on her face. Her little fangs jutted out over her lips. I've never been so amused by a neko before, usually I was quite cold to them but I couldn't keep my fondness for her under wraps. Her subtle nuances made her irresistible. I wanted to maker her smile, squeal with laughter, perhaps even pleasure... I shooed the thought away from me as I looked at the poor little twig in my arms. I'm a bit afraid if I so much as tried to touch her she'd break into a million pieces. I was brought from my troubling thoughts when there was gentle tug on my neck tie. I looked down to see my skittish little neko looking to me with wondering eyes. "Sir, why is it you're so nice to me?" I quirked an eyebrow and answered honestly. "I'm not quite sure actually, you're just... Different."

I could see her beam as she looked away with the slightest blush.