Jealous

(Gwen's P.O.V)

I clung to my Master as a smiling man with red dreadlocks walked through the doorway, he approached much too quickly for my liking and I shrunk against my Master's chest. Luckily, Master is attentive and put one of his hands up saying. "Woah there Devin, she's a little skittish. Give her some time to adjust to you." Devin's face softened and he slowed to a stop. 

"Aww, sorry little one I didn't mean to scare you." His voice was sweet too, maybe I would like him... "I-it's alright." I gave him a smile and eased up a little bit making Master sigh in relief. Master looked down at me and asked. "Darling I need to discuss a few things with Devin in my office, would you like to stay up in the room or would you want to sit in with us?" 

"Sit with you please." I answered almost immediately, I didn't like being alone..." Master shrugged his shoulders. "Alright then, but it'll probably be boring for you." I nuzzled against my Master and let out a light purr letting him know I didn't mind. As long as I was with him I was happy...

(Chris' P.O.V)

I carried Gwen into my office, all the while Devin made silly faces at her in an attempt to make her like him. At some point I heard her let out the slightest of giggles when he went cross eyed and scrunched up his nose. By the time I sat behind my desk Gwen was trying to wiggle her way out of my lap and over to Devin, reluctantly I let handed her over to Devin's open arms. As I tried to go over the finances Gwen started to play with Devin's hair making him laugh and rub behind her ears. I glowered slightly and let out a loud sigh. "Devin, didn't YOU want to talk about this first?" Devin rolled his eyes and began to absently rub her head as I began fixing a few mistakes some of his interns had made. At some point as I was scrolling though a rather long spreadsheet I heard Devin let out a gasp and small chuckle. When I looked up I found Gwen with her teeth locked on Devin's index finger. "Awwhaha, aren't you a frisky little girl!" Seeing this I began to seethe with jealousy. I stood up abruptly and snapped. "Gwendolyn, I think it's time for you to go to bed! You're too much of a distraction..." Gwen whimpered and shrunk away from me. I took her out of Devin's lap and put her over my shoulder. Rather than putting her in our shared room I put her back in the one across the hall. I dropped her rather roughly on the bed and left without another word. As I stomped down the hallway I heard the smallest of cries, I stopped only for a moment before continuing on in a huff. I finished up my meeting with Devin though he glared at me rather pointedly throughout the entire time and just as I was ushering him out of my office he remarked. "You know you almost had me fooled there Chris..." I stopped and cocked my eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?"

"The neko Chris, I actually thought you were gonna be nice to this one. You're never outright abusive but you don't keep them long after they upset you." I sneered and snipped.

"I don't recall asking for your opinion Devin, what I do with my girls is no concern of yours, like you said I'm not abusive."

"Not outright..." He mumbled as he walked away. "I'll let myself out!" He called. I heard the front doors slam downstairs and immediately felt horrible.  Gwen didn't deserve my cruelty... I just hope she'll forgive me...