The Pouncing Kitten

(Chris' P.O.V)

As I'd suspected the night before Gwen's leg had finally healed properly and she was able to have her cast off. I was so overjoyed to see her prancing about on her own, though she was a tad off balance and I did all I could to keep her upright and injury free. As the day progressed she managed to run about the entire manner, twice... It was actually becoming tiring to keep up with her but I didn't want to ruin her fun yet so I decided to let her play outside so that I didn't have to follow her but could still see her in the wide meadow. "Come now little one, let's go out back. Master's a bit tired so don't wander out of sight, can't have you getting lost and worrying your Master." 

"Yes Master, I promise not to wander." Gwen skittered off toward the back porch, being sure to look back and slow down if she felt she was leaving my sight. At last she was outside and I sat myself down on the hill that overlooked my wide property. As I did Gwendolyn  crouched down to all fours and ran like a greyhound toward the tree line making me cock my brow. Did she already forget my rule? Just as she reached the edge of the forest she stopped, she stood back on her hind legs and peered up at a rather large oak tree. In a moments notice she jumped up and clawed onto a low hanging branch. She hauled herself up into the heights of the tree putting me on edge. Before I could even stand up I saw her head pop out of the top of the leaves of the tree. Soon after I could see her waving in my direction. I laughed at her enjoyment and relaxed just a little bit as I watched her root around in the leaves a bit before jumping down from the great height. This made me stand up and start moving toward her but I found her running back toward me, looking quite alright. I sighed in relief but crossed my arms in anger. I didn't appreciate her being so reckless right after having her cast off... When she finally made it back to me she noticed my irritated expression. She tucked her little fluffy tail and flattened her ears. "D-did I-I do s-something wr-wrong?" I knelt down to her level and ran my fingers through her hair and spoke sternly. "Gwen, I can't have you jumping about so recklessly. You'll get hurt again and that would make me sad. Now I didn't warn you about not doing it so I won't be punishing you. Please don't jump from such a height again though, it sets my teeth on edge." Gwen smiled and pounced at me, knocking me over on my back. "Okay Master, I'll be careful... I'm hungry, can we have some dinner now?" I smirked and patted her back. 

"Of course little one, care to lead the way?" She nodded her head happily and hopped off me, scurrying to the wooden porch. Before I could call to her and remind her to mind the steps she tripped and skidded across the top of the porch. I was by her side in a moment helping her to her feet as she teared up and whimpered. Looking down I found she had scraped her knees lightly but as my eyes continued up I saw she had slashed open her forearm making blood seep out and down onto the porch. Before I knew what I was doing I'd taken her arm into a tight grip, nearly lifting her off her paws; I put my mouth to her wound and as I drank I could barely register the horror on her face. It took all my will power to rip myself away from her, I hadn't noticed my hunger until I caught sight and smell of her blood...  I covered my mouth, my fangs protruding almost painfully. I pointed to the door. I spoke gruffly but I had to get her away before I did something I regretted. "Get someone to dress that! Please go right now Gwendolyn!" With that she was sprinting away from me, though I don't believe it was really because I ordered her to. I took my hand away and saw the drying blood in the creases of my palm. "Why can't I stop hurting her?"