Jealous Kitten

(Chris' P.O.V)

I awoke the next morning in a pleasant haze, I felt strangely warm and perfectly comfortable. I tend to wake in a sour mood but I felt at ease. When I forced my eyes open I found why I felt so complaisant, my little Gwen was snoozing against me, light breaths the only noise in the room. She was curled against my chest as I laid on my side and I had to suppress any noises of adoration as I looked upon her sleeping form. Just as I settled down and shut my eyes again there was a loud knocking from downstairs. I growled slightly as my kitten jumped out of bed. I sighed and grumbled. "It's alright little one, it's just someone at the door. Carter will get it, now come back to bed with me..." Gwen eased up and crawled back under the sheets, snuggling up next to me. I kissed the top of her head, making her ears twitch. Just as she wiggled her way back into comfort Carter knocked on our bedroom door and announced. "Mr. Sola here to see you sir, and he's brought another young guest with him as well." I sighed and said.

"Alright, we'll be down in a few..." 

~Downstairs~

I led Gwen downstairs to find Devin waiting with a small boy beside him, as we drew closer I found it was another neko. "Well good morning sunshine..." Devin chuckled out, I hadn't bothered to dress outside of sweat pants and a tank top, my hair was most likely a bit mussed as well. "Any particular reason you woke me so early?" I asked a bit irritated.

"We have a meeting in two hours, we're going over some donation offers. I assumed you'd have forgotten so  I thought I might pop by." My eyes went wide, it was the fifteenth today... I had forgotten! I groaned and turned to my kitten. "Darling, I'm afraid I have some business to get to today and I-" I suddenly came to realize that this meeting would be at Devin's main adoption house, more of a corporate office to him since they had few addoptives cycling through. "I'm afraid it's out of the house..." I finished my sentence to see her tense at the thought, she hadn't left the property since she came to me. "Now, now it's nothing to be upset about little one, you don't have to come if you don't like-" Her eyes went wide and she shook her head wildly, immediately grabbing onto my waist. "D-don't leave me alone..." She mumbled, it occurred to me the problem wasn't leaving the house, she feared I was leaving alone. "Oh Gwen no, you can come with if you want, you can sit with us during the meeting you won't be alone." She relaxed.

"Oh, okay then... That's alright..." Devin hummed with approval but said nothing to me. With the initial fear passed Gwen turned to Devin saying. "H-hello Mister Devin... Who who's that?" Devin smiled wide responding. "Hello little beauty, I'm glad to see you on two feet. This is Ezra, I'm looking after him while his Master is away. Say hello to Gwen buddy..." Devin pushed little Ezra forward and he took it as a sign to pounce excitedly at Gwen. She stepped back and Devin grabbed him by his shirt. "Ah! Ah! Ah! Gentle buddy, she's skittish. You need to be gentle with her. The boy's face fell a bit but he composed himself. "Sorry... I forget my manners sometimes. Why so scared?" Gwen shrugged and turned away. "I-I dunno... Just am." Gwen murmured. Ezra 'humphed and turned to me. He waved happily at me. I've met Ezra before, he belonged to Ryan Sitwioski, a good friend of Devin's, he was a sweet boy but almost the opposite of Gwen. Hyper, wanted attention from everyone, and was always sure to get it. I smiled gently. "Hello Ezra, it's nice to see you again." Ezra took this as a sign that it was okay to hug me, he had few manners that was true but nothing worth a punishment. Even from my point of view, I chuckled and hugged him back and ruffled his dark red hair. "Waaaarmm!" He squealed as he hugged me tight, he was excited... As always, he reminded me of a toddler more than anything. I decided to indulge him and picked him up and put him on my hip. He giggled and kicked his thin legs in the air. Above his squealing I could almost hear a low yowl. I turned to find Gwen glaring at Ezra, I guess I wasn't the only jealous type here. I put him down much to his dismay and Gwen was quick to climb and replace him. A silent way of saying I was hers and not to touch. It was almost sweet, in a  way I was as much hers as she was mine. "I'll be down in a bit I have to get ready and so does my little Gwen." Devin nodded and turned to sit himself down in my living room. I kissed my little kitten's cheek and I could feel her relish in the regained attention.