Lovesick

FLUSH

       Hajime weakly pulled on the toilet's lever and closed the toilet lid. Using the back of his right hand, he wiped his mouth and laid on the floor. He sighed as his flushed skin met the cool bathroom floor. Feeling the smoothness of the tiles, Hajime began to recall what led up to his current situation.

Flashback

       It was just another day during 4th period of Hope's Peak Academy. Hajime was hardly paying attention as his teacher began to talk about his weekend plans. 'Who the hell cares anyway?' Hajime thought. He was particularly in a bad mood after Nagito's recent cold-shoulder to him when he had tried to greet his best friend before the first bell rung. He slouched in his chair and leaned his head against his palm, searching for anything of interest to him outside of the window. But there was nothing. No clouds, no breeze, no birds, even the sun was nowhere to be seen. Hajime's quest was interrupted when he felt a jab to his side.

"Hey, loser," a voice harshly whispered to him, "I know that teach can be absurdly boring, but you don't have to act all depressed about it."

Hajime turned to face the owner of the snarky comment and sighed, "Just leave me alone, okay?"

The voice outspokenly denied his request and snorted, "You wouldn't be saying that if you were talking your boyfriend, Nagito."

"Shut up," Hajime hissed as he pretended to get invested with his teacher's story

"Ooh," Natsumi sing-songed, "does someone have boy trouble?"

Hajime's brow furrowed as he began to reattempt in focusing on what his math teacher was saying. 'Wait,' Hajime thought 'when did weekend plans at the beach turn into when he first met his wife?'

Natsumi began to speak again, "You know- "

Flashback ends

KNOCK KNOCK

       Hajime slowly comes out of his dazed state as he hears his door shake. His headache worsened with each passing knock that landed on his door belonging to his dorm's entrance. Hajime began to lift his heavy body off the floor and ultimately decided against using any more of his strength when he felt the room spinning. 'Sleep's probably the best idea,' Hajime thought. As his doorknob began to furiously rattle, Hajime gradually retreated into vast, empty darkness.

TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP

Hajime's olive green eyes shot wide open in alarm.

'Did someone just break in?!' Hajime fearfully realized.

He hurriedly prepared to run a mental list of suspects that could belong to the footsteps filled the dorm.

'Maybe it's Ibuki?' Hajime recalled the time when she had broken his door trying to get in, 'I mean, who else could it be?'

TAP TAP TAP

The footsteps were right outside the bathroom door.

CREEEAAAK

       Hajime's heart stopped as the door slowly and steadily opened. All he could see from his current position was the intruder's black loafers. Hajime shut his eyes in fear as the intruder drew closer and closer towards him. The intruder got down on both knees and watched Hajime very closely. Swallowing the lump forming in his throat, Hajime slowly cracked opened his eyes. Long, smooth dark hair pooled around him. Staring directly at him were crimson red eyes.

Hajime sighed in relief, "Dammit, Izuru. Don't go scaring me like that."

Izuru was clearly puzzled, "In what way did I scare you?"