Love as Sweet as Honey

"Hey," a voice arose Izuru from his slumber, "It's time to get up, sleepyhead."

        Izuru buried himself deeper into the sheets. The voice slowly faded away as Izuru gradually retreated into a dreamless sleep.

CLICK

Izuru winced against the bright, artificial light that filled the room.

"Geez, how long does it take you to get up?"

Izuru slowly blinked open his eyes, trying to correct his blurry vision.

"Damn, you look like a mess."

Having finally recognized the irritating voice, Izuru sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Why are you here?"

"What?" Hajime scoffed, "Like it's not allowed for a guy to check up on his little brother."

"I was under the presumption that I was born first."

Hajime sat on the corner of the bed, "I'm pretty sure we were mixed up once or twice, so I'm probably the oldest."

"There's a fifty percent probability that you are incorrect," Izuru informed him.

"Like, what if you're Hajime and I'm Izuru?" Hajime questioned excitedly, "Wouldn't that be awesome?"

       It was about three minutes later when Hajime stopped talking that he realized his brother had once again fallen into a deep sleep.

"Pay attention here," Hajime shook his brother awake, "There's something important you have to hear."

"Does it involve you moving a great distance away from my apartment?"

"Not really, but-"

"Then, I do not wish to speak to you," Izuru turned off the light.

CLICK

Hajime turned it back on, "It's sabotage! That Togami guy has it out for me!"

"Could this have waited until the morning?"

"The hell are you talking about?" Hajime pointed at the alarm clock, "It's already morning!"

Izuru glanced at the clock, "Hajime, it is four in the morning."

"The early bird gets the worm," Hajime told him, "I told you it's the morning. Now, will you listen to what I say?"

Izuru sighed, "Very well, I shall listen to your story. However, you must promise to leave me alone for the rest of the day."

"Alright, so you know how I'm training to become a detective, right?"

Izuru nodded, "I am aware."

"And how I'm an officer right now, right?"

"I find it incredible that someone was foolish enough to hand you a firearm."

"Hey!" Hajime glared at his brother, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Do you have any intention on continuing, or will you allow me to sleep?"

"Anyways, that asshole decided to assign me to community service!"

"Officers of the law are required to serve their community."

Hajime continued his rant, "Of all the places that could send me, he decides to send me to kindergarten!"

"You could use more practice on the alphabet," Izuru retorted.