An Idiot in Love

CRASH

Hajime Hinata crashed into the small wooden table. He winced from the bruise forming on his upper arm.

TAP TAP TAP

Hajime gasped before quickly stumbling onto his feet. His footsteps were coming closer.

"Hey, Nagito," Hajime slowly walked backwards to the door, "Can't we just talk about this?"

No response came from the other boy. Hajime began to sweat nervously as Nagito strode closer.

"Nagito," Hajime begged, "Please put the knife down."

Just as Hajime reached for the doorknob, Nagito lunged at him.

SLAM

The door quickly slammed shut and Hajime bolted away from the cottage. Ignoring the angry cries, Hajime frantically knocked on a friend's door.

"Hajime, did you need something?"

Hajime grabbed Peko by her shoulders, "I'm being hunted down and I need your help."

Peko's eyes narrowed as she unsheathed her sword, "Where are they?"

CREEEAAAK

"Peko," Mahiru opened the door wider, "Who're you whispering to?"

Mahiru looked directly ahead, "Hajime, this is Girls' Night. Go bother Peko tomorrow."

"An assassin has attempted to take Hajime's life."

"Oh, really?" Mahiru rolled her eyes, "Come on in and tell the rest of us about your so-called escape"

A few minutes later...

"....And that's what happened."

"Hold on," Hiyoko said munching on cookies, "What else happened?"

"Huh?"

"You said Nagito came at you with a knife and you barely escaped. Then, what happened?

Hajime huffed, "I'm sorry if my near death experience wasn't exciting enough."

"What she's asking is what happened before he attacked you," Chiaki paused, "...I think."

"Everything was fine before that happened."

Ibuki plopped onto the couch, "Ibuki wants you to think like totally hard! What happened before that?"

"I crashed onto a table if that helps."

"How? Nagito's really weak. I know cause I challenged him to a fight and he fell once I pushed him," Akane interjected.

Hajime frowned, "Don't go pushing Nagito."

"Umm, I think his strength is just a little below average," Mikan continued, "He's quite healthy, physically speaking. Although, his immune system is weaker than most."

"Leave it to the Ultimate Nurse to know her patients!" Akane laughed and patted Mikan's back.

"He isn't frail, but I wouldn't suggest pushing him."

"Nagito didn't push me," Hajime informed them, "I forgot to tie my shoes and fell."

"Of course, an idiot like you would forget."

Sonia clapped her hands together, "Hajime, could you walk us through everything that happened while you were with Nagito tonight?"

"Sure."

30 minutes earlier...

"That movie was really tragic," Nagito sighed, "For her to realize her true love, only for the man she loved to lose his memory."