Love Nest

The sun set bring down with it the warm glow of the day. Like hope getting snuffed out by despair, Nagito could only sigh as he dreaded the approach of the evening. Nagito winced when his sensitive ears heard the shrill noise of an alarm clock go off.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

       A hand slammed on the snooze button as a yawn escaped from under the covers. Nagito made himself scarce as soon as he heard the water run in the shower.

Around 7 pm...

       Hajime wandered into the kitchen when he smelt a mouthwatering scent. He was just about to dig into his meal when he spotted a letter addressed to him next to a cup of water.

Hajime,

       I've headed down to the library. There's a couple of books that you might find interest in if you happen to go sometime. Don't eat your breakfast too fast! You might choke if you're not careful! I'm sorry for making you think such unpleasant thoughts while you're eating breakfast. Or would it be your dinner since it's the evening now? By the way, your parents called again. They say it's urgent that you speak with them. I hope I'm not intruding when I ask if everything's alright. I probably am intruding, so just forget that I said anything.

Please forgive my rambling,

Nagito

Hajime sighed losing interest in the food laid out before him. He opened the refrigerator and opted to take a blood packet. Hajime took a deep breath before dialing the number on his phone. It rung for a few times before picking up.

"Hello?"

Hajime grumbled, "Hey, Dad."

"Hajime!" A bright, cheery voice greeted him, "Good evening! How're y-?"

Hajime cut him off, "What do you want now?"

"Now, is that anyway to talk to your father?" Mr. Hinata snapped, "I thought your mother and I raised you better than that."

"You raised me to sell me off to the highest bidder, not to greet people."

Mr. Hinata sighed, "Hajime, it wasn't like that. You know I'll always look out for you and the community."

"So, marrying me off to our enemy, a werewolf, was your idea of protecting me?" Hajime raised his voice.

"I know you're a little upset and-,"

Hajime scoffed, "A little upset?"

"-furious, but it was the only sure way to prevent further calamities."

"Whatever," Hajime rolled his eyes, "What do you want me to do now?"

"Hajime, don't say it like that..."

"You want me to do something, don't you? Spill it."

"There'll be an event later around midnight. It'd be for the best if you and Nagito could show up."

"Nagito can, but I don't feel like going."

"You may think I'm punishing you, but I'm not. If we want any chance of this bloodshed coming to an end, we must get this alliance to work."

"I mean it's not like I've ever had a chance to make my own decisions about anything that has to do with my life for that matter."

"It'll be fun! You can make new friends and I'm sure that Sonia friend of yours will be there. Such a social butterfly that one is."

"I'm sure having everyone gawk at me will be loads of fun."