Imprisoned Within Desire

The 77th police precinct of Hope's Peak City was home to the best crime-solvers in all of Japan. Everyone working in the precinct were among the elites in graduating classes. With a rate of solving 90% of cases, they were known as "The Remnants of Despair" to criminals who had their dastardly plots blow up in their faces. Recently, the task force had captured one of the most notorious serial killers in the world's history. Monokuma, with over hundreds of murders, had been taken into custody. The bear's true identity revealed to be world renowned supermodel Junko Enoshima. With her capture, the murderous cult of Junko Enoshima, also known as Monokuma, had dissipated into nothing.

"Damn," arms stretched as the rest of the body slouched back in the chair, "I need a serious vacation."

"Quiet, rookie," snapped an impatient blonde attorney, "You didn't even do most of the work!"

"Well, I had to patrol all those crime scenes, Hiyoko!"

"Wow, you should get a reward for doing absolutely nothing!"

"Hiyoko," sighed the forensics photographer, "stop picking fights with Souda. Everyone is still tired from last night."

"Ugh," a mop of messy dark brown hair greeted Mahiru from her desk, "don't remind me. Why are we still here? It's 4 in the morning! We caught that girl. Isn't our work done here?"

"Our work is never done," said the silver haired detective, "There is always justice to be served and paperwork to be filled."

"If only justice were actual food, Peko!" cried Akane, "Then it'd be so delicious!"

"Could you stop talking about food for once?" Fuyhiko asked dropping more case files onto everyone's desks which resulted with a unanimous of groans, "Don't think I'm happy about this, too. I practically exhausted all of my yakuza connections and pretty much owe everyone favors!"

"Chiaki," whined Akane, "you're the cyber specialist or something. Can't you fix the vending machine?"

"You'll need a janitor for that, I think," Chiaki rubbed her eyes, "They should have keys for everything."

"Screw it!" Akane jumped from her seat, "I'll bust it open!"

"Um, Akane," the mortician moved out of the way to avoid Akane's wrath, "I don't think that's a good idea. Y-you may get cuts on your hands if you attempt to do this."

"Yeah," Fuyuhiko added, "I don't think cops are supposed to destroy vending machines if they have a problem with it. It might, you know, look bad."

"I don't care anymore! Take away my badge, take away my freedom, but don't you dare take away my food!"

Within a few moments the sleep deprived police force had sprung awake and had divided itself into two. Those who attempted to hold Akane back and those who dared to defend the broken vending machine.

Mikan bowed her head and pleaded with the angry detective, "Please forgive me, Akane! But I don't want you to hurt yourself!"

"Outta my way!"

"What's going on here?" a tired yet firm voice asked.

"Captain Yukizome!" the entire force stopped what they were doing to salute at her.

"No one answered my question yet," Chisa nervously reminded fearing the answer she'd get for the commotion.

"We're trying to prevent Akane from destroying the vending machine, again," Mahiru rubbed the back of her neck.

"Don't you worry," Chisa chirped, "I ordered some breakfast for us all."

"How long until the food gets here?"