C H A P T E R | T W O

"IF YOU ALL will come this way," said Aunt Helen, interrupting Hermione's reverie, "We would like for everyone to get acquainted."

Hermione and the others made their way over to the other family members.

"Now, I've already had us checked in and Frederick's over there waiting for our room keys." The woman looked around. "There's already a good many people here, and this is only a few of us!" she said excitedly. "Since some of us haven't seen each other in a while and some of us are new, I suggest we introduce ourselves. I'll start."

She first pointed to herself. "I am Helen Chase. These are my boys, Matthew and Bobby, and over there getting our room keys is my husband, Frederick." She then pointed to a blonde woman standing next to her that looked around Hermione's age. "This is Frederick's daughter, Annabeth--"

"Annabeth?" a voice interrupted. Hermione turned to see one of Betsy's daughters, Shannon, addressing the blonde girl. "Didn't you run away when you were, like, eight?"

"Seven," the girl corrected, narrowing her gray eyes. She was American, just like the rest. Hermione was pretty sure that the only British people at this reunion would be the Grangers, the Reynolds, and of course, Gran and Grandad.

Hermione could remember hearing about Annabeth. She had been born while Frederick wasn't married. Her mother hadn't wanted her, so she'd left the girl with her father. Annabeth had run away thirteen years ago, for reasons unknown to the rest.

Helen continued. "This is Annabeth's boyfriend, Percy Jackson." Percy was a tall, lean man with black hair and green eyes that made Hermione automatically think of the ocean.

"That name sounds familiar," said Charlie.

"Yes, weren't you on the news a few years ago?" Carlisle inquired. "Something about a woman being kidnapped?"

"Yeah," said Percy, "When I was twelve there was this whole big thing where my mom went missing and I was kind of accused of kidnapping her, but it was all just a big misunderstanding, and they found her and everything turned out... okay." But the tone of his voice made Hermione think that everything had not been okay afterwards.

"Anyway," said Betsy, who liked attention aimed at herself, "I'm Betsy Reynolds, this is my husband, Kirk, and our children, Shannon, Vanessa, Kyle, and Brandon."

"I'm Charlie, you might remember Bella here, and her husband, Edward Cullen, adopted daughter, Renesmee," Charlie made sure to add the word 'adopted' to avoid confusion, "And Edward's parents, Carlisle and Esme."

"Well, I'm Jean Granger and this is my husband Rob. This is our daughter, Hermione, and her boyfriend, Draco Malfoy." Vanessa snorted when she herd his name.

"That name is familiar," said Carlisle. "I was once good friends with a Malfoy. I believe his name was Scorpius."

Draco replied, "No one has had that name in over a century."

"It must have been something else, then."

"I do remember hearing of him having a friend named Carlisle Cullen, but again, that was over a century ago. Maybe one of your ancestor's?" Draco suggested. Hermione could tell from his expression that Draco knew something, and she had a feeling it was the same conclusion that she herself had drawn.

Just then, Frederick Chase showed up with the room keys. He began distributing. Hermione was to share a room with Annabeth.

Later that evening, Hermione and Annabeth unpacked their stuff. They would be staying in this room together for two weeks. Two weeks where Hermione could have been at the office, working on elf rights, when instead she was stuck with people she barely even knew. Which was pretty sad, considering that they were family.

She glanced over to where Annabeth sat on her bed, which was the one near the window. The Swans had always been a considerably rich family (except for police chief Charlie Swan, of course), which meant that they could stay in fancy hotels and rent out ballrooms for galas and entire beaches for beach days, and pretty much all of the other junk that came with an annual family reunion.

Annabeth held a photograph in her hands, and she was smiling as if reminiscing. After a few moments, she set it down by her bedside and went into the bathroom with one of her bags. Hermione was curious, and leaned over to catch a glimpse of the picture. It was obviously of her and Percy, but when they were younger, around thirteen or fourteen. They wore the same orange T-shirt with the letters 'CHB' written on it. The picture was taken in front of a lake, and it looked as though Annabeth was chasing Percy, while dripping wet. The sight made Hermione smile.

_______________________________

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling does. I do not own Twilight, Stephanie Meyer does. I do not own Percy Jackson, Rick Riordan does.