C H A P T E R | F O U R T E E N

IT HAD BEEN over a week since Hermione had first come to this reunion. There were only a few days left, and she hadn't come any closer to finding out what Annabeth was, or to confirming that the Cullens were vampire wannabes, though she was pretty sure.

     Hermione stood under the awning that covered the entrance to the hotel. She stood there, watching the passerby. New York was filled with lots of strange people, and some unusual things. A minute ago, she could've sworn that she saw a shape similar to a thestral glide above the skyline.

     With a sigh, Hermione returned to inside the building. She needed to get to the gala before guests began to arrive, and she had been on the receiving end of a few odd looks, having stood outside the hotel doors in her formal dress and glittering jewels. Everyone had invited their more distant family and their friends tonight to have a large get-together.

     As she passed the check-in counter, the witch heard a voice say, "... see the Swan party?" Hermione turned to look at a rather tall young man—a Native American, too, not that she was racist—speaking with a clerk.

     "Yes, they should be in ballroom two," said the woman, turning to the next guest. Hermione followed the new man, seeing as he was going to the same place that she was.

     In all honesty, a totally fancy gala was complete overkill. The only people in favor of it were the Reynolds, and Gran and Grandpa. Betsy was all for a grand party, but the other three Swan children were only going through with it for their parents.

     Hermione entered the ballroom right after the man, just in time to witness a skipping Renesmee cry, "Jacob!" before jumping into his arms.

     "Hey, Nessie," said the man—Jacob, Hermione supposed—grinning at the little girl in his arms like she was the best thing to happen since loaf bread.

     Edward and Bella strode forward, smiling happily. After a moment's hesitation, Bella stepped forward and gave the man a hug.

     They pulled apart, and Bella announced, "Everyone, this is Jacob Black. He's a... family friend." The guy gave a lopsided grin and waved.

     Esme rushed forward to hug Jacob Black, Carlisle following and shaking his hand. Hermione watched the guy carefully. She didn't get much time to observe, however, because, not two moments later, a crash was accompanied by a shout.

     "Idiot!" yelled a voice vaguely familiar to Hermione.

     "And that should be some of my guests," said Annabeth. Everyone's head snapped to the double doors as they burst open.

     Hermione now realized where she knew the voice—it was Thalia, the girl from yesterday. She stood beside a group of people who looked maybe around age seventeen or eighteen, except for one who looked about fifteen or sixteen, closer to Thalia. Hermione recognized Piper McLean, also.

     The group was introduced, though Hermione struggled to remember their names, maybe a Leo and a... Jaxon? No, that's not it.

     Guests personally invited by each individual family showed up, of which were included Harry and Ginny, Blaise Zabini (who had actually turned out to be quite nice once you got to know him), more Cullens, all of which had the same stunning beauty as Bella, Edward, Carlisle, and Esme, with another Native American boy and his mother, who seemed to be very close to Uncle Charlie.

     Also making an appearance were Percy's parents, his mother being very popular among the readers, some of the Reynolds' business partners, Grandpa's brother and his children and grandchildren, and even Frederick Chase's brother and nephew.

     When Annabeth's cousin, Magnus, walked in, Percy's eyes widened and he turned to Annabeth, who stood right next to Hermione.

     To Hermione's utter confusion, he whispered, "You told me he was dead!" Increasing her bewilderment, Annabeth whispered back,

     "He is... sort of." She sighed. "It's a long story. You know how there's not just Greece gods, but Roman and Egyptian, too?" Percy nodded. "Well, what if I told you that the Norse deities were also real?"

     What?

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling does. I do not own Twilight, Stephanie Meyer does. I do not own Percy Jackson, Rick Riordan does. I do not own Magnus Chase, Rick Riordan does.