Prologue

It was two days after it began. We were in The changing age.  You don’t need to know much more than that right now. First, I’m too introduce myself. I am Phoenix. Phoenix Kaytlynne River. I’m thirteen years old, but I am not any regular teenager. There is something special about me and I may need your help, however you’ll need to prove yourself just as I did, once you find out. We are going to start the day my life fell apart.
It was a mid-August morning and I was doing last minute shopping. In September, I am to start at Harvard University. Yeah I know. I’m only thirteen and I’m going to college. That is where my story really starts.
I’ve always known something was special about me. I never figured I was smarter than most college professors! I was thinking this as I was striding to the cash register because I couldn’t find my advanced math textbook.
“May I help you?” the cashier asked. She looked like she was quite irascible. She had a grimace on her face and her look of profound hatred seemed to haunt me.
“Well? Do you need something or do you enjoy wasting my time?”
“Ummm… no ma’am. I-I just wondered if you sold an advanced maths textbook here?” She looked at me with great surprise. I didn’t know what she was thinking but something told me that I did not want to find out. However, before I could walk away, she spoke.