Chapter 12

We had made it to all our morning classes so far without injury of a panic attack. We were in our telekinesis class. However,  well,  let's just say it didn't go as planned.
The classroom was  rather large or looked that way because there were very few desks,  about 10 to 15. However,  only half of them were occupied. In the front of the room there was a large desk and podium. Behind the professor's large, oak desk was the whiteboard. It said:
The First Telekinetic Person:
1st person: Cleopatra- woman
2nd person, 1st man: Cleopatra's son

The lecture was redundant and almost everyone was sleeping or doodling on their notebooks. Some were playing on their phones. I swore this was incredible that no one got in trouble. Seriously, at regular school they would have.
I somewhat paid attention, okay I was listening.  Anyway, He was saying that you had to visualize what you wanted to do and it would happen. Then, he talked about who first had telekinesis. He said how people thought the first guy became telekinetic. When ,actually, the first person was a woman.
"Sir, can you repeat the name of the first telekinetic woman? " I asked.  He actually looked surprised.
"Miss. River,  the first woman was Cleopatra. The first man, was her son. No one knew she had this son. "
"Thank you, sir. "
Zack looked at me curiously. He mouthed "you're actually listening? " I nodded back.  I looked at the professor.
"Miss. River,  would you like to demonstrate telekinesis? " He looked like he was teasing me,  knowing that no one had been telekinetic in a long time(Zack was the first in centuries). I looked at a desk. No one was sitting there so I willed it  to rise and trade places with the the professor's desk. It worked. The professor couldn't be more surprised.
He almost jumped out of his skin as he said,  "Miss. River! Put the desks back, please, and see me after class! "  I must have looked red cause I had never felt so embarrassed.  However,  no one laughed. They were staring at me though. But it wasn't because they thought I was an idiot. They were staring in awe.
0o0o0o0o
Later, after class, I sat beside Zack, Sahara, and Tobias. We were waiting for the professor to come back. He went to get the headmistress.
"Guys, are you sure you want to wait on me. I am sure they would let you all go,"
"No, Phoenix, we are staying with you,"
"But,  Za-"
Before I could finish the professor and headmistress Rebekah were back. The professor was excited. However,  Miss. Rebekah was not. She looked grim.
"Which one,  professor?"
He pointed at me and said, "Show her, Phoenix. Now. "
I raised ten or more desks and his desk,  then rearranged them to bake the letter P. I do not think they were anticipating it. They were probably expecting a desk or two but I chose more than ten.
I looked at my friends and they were all awestruck. They couldn't believe it. I was more than certain that they would ask later.
"Phoenix! My child! Have you ever been able to do that before?"
"No, ma'am. Well I am not sure. You see, I do not remember doing such a thing at home. "
"Child, I told you that was not your home. Also, you Must have always had the ability. This I must study." she almost whispered the last part. She then turned to the professor to chat with him. I knew she had to be whispering but I heard boys and pieces. "First girl in centuries with ability. " "Must be the one." " Maybe I must study this. "
The headmistress walked out the door leaving us and the professor. The professor had not took his eyes off me.
"Phoenix, I am transferring you to a higher class," he handed me a note for my next teacher. He also handed one to Tobias, Sahara, and Zack.
"Sir,  While I would love to moved,  Zack is my chauffeur, as well as Sahara's,"
"Sahara will be chauffeured by Tobias. Zack can move up with you,"
"Thank you,  sir, "
I looked at Zack and stood up. They followed me out and into the hall. However,  they asked me no questions, like I had anticipated. We just walked to our clairvoyance class.