Chapter 2

I am very sorry of that I sometimes lose control of my po- sorry I can’t tell you that... yet... Anywho, I was telling you about the day I call the day my life fell apart. Where was I? Oh right! The lady at the cash register.
“ They told me there would be a day where I would meet a lovely young lady, such as yourself, and I was to tell her something."
"Tell her, I mean me,  what? "
Instead of acting my question she continued her story as if she hadn't heard me.
"She would come in looking for a college maths book but would only look old enough for middle school. May I ask, are you the Phoenix Kaytlynne River?”
I knew then if not before that something was terribly wrong. I didn’t know this lady but how did she know of me? Maybe one of my friends knew her… I just might have forgot meeting her? No. There must have been another reason and I’d prove that statement to be so very true.
“Y-Yes ma’am. May I ask how you know me?”
Again she did not post me any mind.  She was all too strange and I was about to walk away. However,  she stopped me.
“Dear girl,  do not leave. You have much to learn. Would be so kind as to follow me dear.” I knew it all too true that I shouldn’t follow her but I thought she was too old to do anything to me… so i followed.
We started down a narrow corridor and the only thing keeping me from having a panic attack was thinking of my family.  We eventually  walked into a hallway much wider. As we walked I seen such strange things. We walked up to a very large, black door. There was a sign that stated :
All that enter here;
whether young or old,
WITHOUT
previous permission,
is in danger of the following:
Death
or
Destiny
Now as freaky as that sounded the cashier walked in and for a moment I was alone.  I could not stand alone anymore, therefore,  I follow shortly after. One thing bothered me. Everything was dark.
I tried to look for the cashier or some sort of light but I found neither. I was alone. In the dark.  I have panic attacks from claustrophobia, as you have probably noticed.  The only other things I can't handle is spiders... and the dark.
Suddenly, I hear the eerie creak of  the floor boards. Then, I hear a noise equivalent to that of a gun shooting beside my ear. Each time bringing more light to the room. In the dim light I see the cashier a few paces ahead. In front of her a long case of swirling stairs.
“Come my dear. We need not dawdle, there is someone who wishes to see you,”
“But, ma’am where are we going? My family-”
“Is not your real family. Now I said let's go!”
I froze. Not my real family what is that supposed to mean? They had raised me from birth. They never told me of a birth family or that they had adopted me. Who else could be my family? Before I could ask anything or even thoroughly process the thought Any further I saw her take a step on the revolving steps and quickly followed.