Chapter 23

Derek

I feel something cold brush against my bare side, so I pull the blanket over myself more dismissing it as the cold air. The same sensation touched my side, yet again, so I turned over and pulled the covers to hide my body.

"Derek," I could make out someone saying my name through the thick blankets covering my ears. "Get up!"

I rolled over to see who dare wake me from my slumber. "Get the hell away from me Isaac, or I swear to God I will--"

"No, don't finish that sentence! I'm not Isaac. It's me, Stiles." I pulled the covers down to see if this was true. Then the past 2 days came back to me.

"Oh," I pulled the covers to under my chin and looked back at him as he sat down on the ground in front of me. He was still in his night pyjamas.

"Why are you waking me up?" Stiles got a piece of paper off the window ledge and brought it to me.

"This is your train ticket for Beacon Hills. It leaves in 2 hours so I thought you might want to get up now and, you know, be ready.." I felt a pang at my heart when he said this. Did he really want me to leave to soon? I took the ticket from his hands and he looked like he was about to say something.

"You know, you don't have to go." I smiled softly and held up the paper in my hand.

"I do," my heart sunk as the words left my mouth and I gave him a sad smile, again.

He left the room, I assume the go get dressed, and I got up. I yanked the jeans up my legs and picked up my shirt. I pulled it over my head and flattened it down. I grabbed some of Stiles' socks from the radiator and put them on. He shouldn't mind. I put my boots on and walked into his kitchen.

The kettle sat in the corner of the desktop, snuggled in between the fruit basket and the bread bin. I picked it up and plugged it in the socket. The sound of water boiling filled the room and I sighed. I ran a hand through my hair before searching his draws for mugs.

"Stiles, where do you keep your tea bags?!" I shouted out into the empty room in hopes he would hear me.

"Here," he threw a small box of PG tips at me and I smiled. They're my favourite. Stiles didn't drink Tea so I wondered why he had them, but I didn't ask.

I muttered a 'thank you' while pouring in a teaspoon of sugar. I mixed the milk in and stirred it again. I took my mug and sat down at the table. He sat down opposite me with a mug of coffee.

"I never understood why you liked tea more than coffee," I smiled at this and just shrugged.

"I don't know either. Coffee is just bitter and I don't like it." I blowed in my mug in attempts to cool it down faster, but it helped little.

I drank my tea in sips and finished it after Stiles. We sat in silence and got up in silence. It wasn't comfortable at all. Like we both wanted to say something, but we didn't know what.

"Yesterday, I forgot something. Do you know what? I'm having a very hard time remembering," I tried to start up a conversation but he just shook his head so I nodded mine.

"Okay, I'm going to leave. I've got 40 minutes until my train. Thank you, for everything over these past three days. I'll just catch a bus or something to the station." He nodded his head and left the room. Weird.

I opened the door before looking back. I didn't want to leave. I wanted Stiles to run out here and tell me he doesn't want me to leave and he loves me. But that won't happen.

I shut his door and leaned against it, before pushing myself of and walking away. I only have 30 minutes until my train but I was missing something. My phone? Keys?