fire and kisses 17

The second I entered the room I was greeted by the thick smoke that had managed to fill the room, making the amount of light was now dim, the smoke that seeped across the ceiling was thick and I started to wonder how long this had been like this.

On the stove was a pan, where the smoke seemed to be concentrated. I started to choke on the smoke that I was forces to breath. I pulled my shirt over my mouth to try and filter some of the smoke but it hardly seemed to work.

"the fuck?" I heard William swear, the beeping covering his voice, which I now assumed was the smoke detector, well at least we know that it works.

the insistent beeping made my head hurt, I could feel the pain seeping back into my head throbbing almost in sync with the smoke detector.

Quickly Claire had pushed past Will and I and was now climbing onto the counter. Coughing as she worked, she reached high above her and was just able to reach where I assume the detector was. A second later the beeping cut off and I sighed in relief.

Noticing that the smoke was still filling the room William rushed over to the stove, quickly placing me on the counter a distance away from the stove and rushing over to the stove. I didn't pay attention to what he did after that, I was too absorbed in the pain that was thudding back to life.

I dropped my head into my hands to try and stop the pain even a little. I waited through the pain, hearing the commotion around me but not paying attention, my wolf pushed to the front chanting at me to get my mate. I knew that, I knew the second I was back in his arms this pain would leave me again, but he was somewhere else, and I didn't care if it was only a few meters, it felt like miles between us.

Soon it was all better, I felt arms wrap around me and pull me up into the arms of the strong werewolf I called my mate. I sighed in relief, finding the pain quickly receding. I looked up at Will, who had broken into a light sweat from whatever he had been doing.

"I'm going to get you something to eat, then we are going to the pack doctor and getting you something for your heat." William said, adjusting me in his arms so that I sat on his hip.

Claire jumped down from the counter "oh fine, leave your poor mother to clean this all up" she chided reaching up to smack the back of his head. He flinched but didn't otherwise react to the action.

"sorry mum, I'll help but I don't know how much I can do if I'm carrying Addie" William told his mum, looking down at me like he was considering what to do. I felt guilty, I was stopping William from doing things all because I couldn't deal with a bit of pain.

"I was joking Will. You go look after your mate, your father and I can look after this" Claire laughed walking away from us after she was done. I looked up at Will to see what he was going to do and found him smiling.

"let's go then princess" William spun towards the door causing me to squeal in surprise and cling onto his. He started to walk to the door, his movements jolting, making me bounce around violently on his hip.

"Will, no!" I yelled as I bounced around laughing despite the pain it brought to my head. I felt unstable in his arms but that just made me cling to him tighter.

He ran out of the house and came to a full stop just outside the front door, this made me lurch forward in his arms. I screamed a laugh as he twirled me around, his laugh joining mine as he whipped us around in fast circles. soon he had done it enough that we were both dizzy and he fell to the floor, me sprawling out on top of him.

"silly" I announced jabbing him in the ribs, not bothering to move other than that. William gasped as if he were offended and jabbed me in the ribs back, his fingers digging into the sensitive flesh in a quick motion that had me jumping into a sitting position on top of him, my arms wrapping around my ribs to protect them from farther attack. "what was that for?" I shrieked a sharp giggle cutting off his immediate reply.