A hug from an alpha 28

Outside of Jammies territory, were it bordered with our own. When William had said that we would be using his airstrip to get to the island I had been overwhelmed, first with apprehension over seeing Alpha Jamie, the Alpha that was cruel enough to kidnap his own mate, but I was excited to see that mate of his, to see how he was treating my friend.

"princess?" William warm voice came from next to me. With a glance, I found he had been looking at me, his eyes showing me how exited he is. "ready?" he asked, his tone was soothing, probably sensing my nerves.

Instead of replying I nodded my head, looking across the border were everything became unfamiliar and strange. There were 3 men standing before me, across the border a few feet away. They all looked like warrior wolves, which led me to think that Jamie wasn't so trusting of us.

William took my hand, his was warmer than mine, bigger than mine by far, everything about my mate was comforting. We stepped across the border, taking only 3 other wolves with us, plus our piolet. The wolves across from us stiffened, hardly noticeably but I saw it, the faint twitch of muscle that seemed to go unnoticed by everyone around me.

We followed to wolves silently as they led us through their pack, everything was quiet, this pack seemed cold, like the border somehow changing the weather from one pack to another, or maybe I was just nervous.

Sensing my unease William grabbed my waist and swung me up into his arms. I gave a soft gasping giggle in surprise before snugging into my mate's warmth, I buried my nose in his mark and inhaled his scent, immediately I relaxed, my senses dimmed back to normal and I felt warm again, no longer on edge.

It was a long walk before we reached the pack house, and the closer we got the more the 3 warriors tensed, they were now walking stiffly across the lawn the led to the pack house. It looked more like a large hotel, not as big as our packs main pack house, but it would still fit a few hundred wolves comfortably.

One of the wolves opened the front door, his eyes darting around like he was waiting for someone to attack him. This time William seemed noticed and stepped towards the wolf with a look of apprehension.

"is everything okay?" he asked slowly, like anything could set the wolf over the edge and have him attack, or run back into the woods screaming. The heavily built man looked at William with worried eyes and I felt a wave of uncertainty roll though me, if this man was acting like this with his own pack house then how was I supposed to feel?

"everything's fine, just-" the man was cut off by a loud smash, it came from the room just behind the entrance, it was followed by the sound of a howl, one so pained and sad that tears welled in my eyes.

I struggled to get out of my mate's grasp, even as he clutched at me telling me to stay close to him. I struggled until I slipped from his hold. I looked at my mate momentarily before dashing for the wolf that had howled like that, everything in me telling me I needed to find them and comfort them.

I came around the corner to see something that shocked me to the core. Before me was a sitting room, couches last in ruin against the far wall, glass was littering the floor, making terrible crunching sounds under my feet, the T.V lay in broken ruins on the floor and the walls were broken, dents littered the plaster where they had been hit.

What really shocked me, was who knelt in the centre of the room, his large bulky frame crumpled, tears streaking tanned cheeks, in his hands he held a ring, Dimond stained with crimson blood. Alpha Jamie.

He looked up at me, hazel eyes glossy, pain and confusion swirling in his eyes. I took a step forward, trying to avoid the glass as I made my way to the alpha. When I had met him he had looked cold, like he cared about nothing and no one, but now he looked like a man, a broken-hearted man.