Recovery

"What do you mean he is in a coma?" A muffled voice said frantically.

"He hasn't woken up in days and isn't looking great. His injuries were completely healed the day after, but the exhaustion was too much for him." Came a more feminine voice, again too muffled to figure out who said it.

"Oh god. Why did this happen." Came the first voice again.

"Do not worry Sakura, Naruto will be up in no time!" Came a much more happy and enthusiastic voice. The voice and how he spoke seemed familiar.

"Even if he does wake up soon, he will have to be bedridden for at least 3 days. Not to mention the recovery time. He may heal fast, but his body still takes a toll." The person I assumed was the nurse said.

"To be honest... it might be best if he stays asleep, at least until everything blows over."

"Yeah, I just hate to see him like this."

After that they didn't really talk about anything important, so I decided to go back to sleep, for now. They weren't kidding when they said I was exhausted.

This time when I woke up there was no conversation going on and I felt a lot better so I opened my eyes. It was mid day, a few clouds in the sky, and the village was bustling, by the sound of it. Although the village was always kind of a tourism hot spot, so the crowd wasn't too surprising.

"Look who finally decided to wake up." Said a very bored voice that could only belong to one person.

"Hey, Shikamaru! How long have I been out? Where is Sasuke?" My voice a little hoarse from lack of use.

"Only a week and Sasuke woke up the day after you brought him here. They haven't let him leave his room though, well, you know why." He said looking at his nail.

"How are the others from the mission are any..." I figured he would get the point.

"Nope, everyone is alive and well. Granted some were critical when we got here, but they have already been released. Neji is benched for a while though, his injuries were a little more severe."

I sighed in relief that my friends were alive and well. I lied back on the bed and smiled at the ceiling. We did it, our little band of misfits completed the mission and survived.

"You know, I have to give it to you Naruto." Shikamaru said standing up and walking over to my side." You are one hell of a guy."

"Thanks, Shikamaru." I have him a smile that he returned.

With that said he took a step back as the door busted open and people came flooding in. The first to reach me was Sakura, she jumped on me and cried. My eyes widened in shock as I rubbed her back. Her tears, which I hoped here happy, soaking into the sheets.

"Sakura" was all I said looking down at her.

"You really had us worried there for a while." I looked up to see my sensei giving me his signature eye smile.

"Kakashi-sensei" I gave a weak smile to him. I winced in pain as I tried to sit up a little more. As soon as I winced his hand was on my shoulder holding me firmly.

"Hey, take it easy kid. You deserve it."

"I can't, I have to see how Sasuke and the others are doing." I tried to push against his hand and get up.

"Who do you think came to visit you?" He said amused, gesturing to the other people in the room. For the first time, I actually looked at who came into the room.

"Neji, Kiba, Choji, Lee!" I shouted with excitement, since they were the first ones I saw. Suddenly a weight jumped on the bed, next to my head. I looked over and got a lick on the nose and happy bark from Kiba's best friend.